GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Future of Sega is not good ...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 16/10/01 at 21:36
Regular
This is no suprise but SEGA is currently running HUGE risks and have incredibly high uverdraghts. Pity. I was looking forward to PSO3 Advance.
Wed 17/10/01 at 13:23
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
I love the dreamcast, but most of the arcade conversions are ten times better in the arcade, even if virtua tennis dident have doubles, but then pso and shenmue is easilly worth having a dreamcast for!!
Wed 17/10/01 at 13:15
But over 1/2 the percent of SEGAs income is from arcades!
Wed 17/10/01 at 13:14
"High polygon count"
Personally, it's not something that would make me consider an Xbox.

This is not a dig at Sega, but I find the majority of their games rather shallow. This is probably due to their arcade roots, where games are designed to provide a quick blast of fun for a few minutes, before demanding more money from the player.

When you get such a game on a home console, where money is not an object and you can play for hours on end, the novelty soon wears off and the game becomes repetitive.

That's not to say that Sega games are bad or poor, because they're not. I've spent a fortune on their games in arcades in years gone by, and enjoyed them very much. But as I've got older, I found that they didn't offer me as much diversity as 'deeper' titles from other companies.

Still, if their games are your 'thang', this will no doubt be a major attraction for you. I'm not yet convinced that it will entice large numbers of gamers to the Xbox, though.
Wed 17/10/01 at 13:13
WÚÛkiee M¯nßÜÄR wrote:
> Did you not see the recent news story on this site? Sega have signed a huge
> deal with Microsoft to do games for the Xbox.

With this deal, the software part of Sega's business is confirmed. The question will be whether or not it is economically viable for them to compete in the console business again. For that, we await the future.
Wed 17/10/01 at 13:10
really? sega and microsoft your honor? well i never! just think! age of PSO gold edition!
Wed 17/10/01 at 12:51
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Future, looking better I'd say :o).
Tue 16/10/01 at 22:59
"High polygon count"
Did you not see the recent news story on this site? Sega have signed a huge deal with Microsoft to do games for the Xbox.
Tue 16/10/01 at 22:08
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I do think that Sega came up with some of the best games I've played, and I'm glad that they are still making games for other consoles, rather than packing up altogether, and I'm sure that now they don't have to worry about their own Console they can create even beter games on the new wave of systems about, not to mention (figers crossed) an extra boost in the Arcade Area :o)
Tue 16/10/01 at 21:54
Ace_greg wrote:
> I wish they would at least have a standard on the mobile fones, then we ccould
> do so many more things! I think it will be able to link up over the internet
> using the game cube link tho!

A GBA version's out of the question then, unless you fancy bringing a GC and a land line tagged onto your GBA...
Tue 16/10/01 at 21:48
Regular
Sega would be losing out more if they stuck to making their own consoles.

Sega started off making games for other consoles (and arcades) and now they're doing it again to make up some dosh. You never know what they might do after this!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.