GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Memory cards - the most important Ps2 peripheral"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 16/10/01 at 19:55
Regular
I'm sure youd rather have one dualshock2 and one memory card rather than having two dualshock2s and no memory card. I remeber the days I used to suffer very much without one it, I had to keep on completing arcade mode in Tekken Tag Tournament many times just to get to play with characters like ogre, i used to spend ages doing this.

Then I had to sacrifice getting a new game to get a memory card but it was and is still worth it. Now I have shortened the time I spend on my Ps2 playing TTT because of that, now if I wanted to play it for five minutes with the secret charachters I can do it. Though one game where a memory card isnt that important I think would be Nba Live 2001 because well you can set the seacon mode to be very short by going to straight to play-offs in which the number of matches could be reduced.

Now comes the price, it is very expensive, either you get it of you get a game and sometimes you need two or more for games like GT3 when you want to get two differnt kinds of cars by winning the same race. Also you may need one because the one you have currently is getting full and you dont want to delete any files as they are important to you. I also noticed that there some games in which you can reduce the amount of space that is taken for example in TTT the more screenshots you have saved in your memory card through Gallery mode the more space it takes up of your memory card like when I had 8 screenshots saved the TTT file on my PS2 memory card was 1,242 KB but after I deleted them it reduced to 595Kb, so my advice here is if you dont really need those screenshots delete them.

There is also the official DVD remote which is out now which needs a memory card, I havent got one but it needs about 2megs of memory card space and this is quite a lot but the stuff it saves in there are quite important, so some of those who are getting it may need a new memory card and makes it better than all the third party ones that were out before it. Well it took Sony time to produce it but they have done a good job.

Well since its so important and useful that may be why it may take a long time before Sony will make them officially free with every new PS2 like the way it was with the PSone(PSX). I know you may think I'm wrong because SR offer it in their PS2 deal but it still isn't free, but if you do get the SR package it is quite a good one but for us who got a PS2 at launch and also early this year we know we paid extra for it or had to get seperately.

Thanks For Reading
Code: 144 Complete
Wed 17/10/01 at 11:35
Anyway... Memory card = very important.
Wed 17/10/01 at 11:34
Sorry about the repeat,it came up error saying I left out *message*. I dont know so i went back and did it again and it worked.

Sorry.
Wed 17/10/01 at 11:33
To be honest the most important PS2 perhipheral has to be a power lead.

Joking...

The memory card is the most important as they are vital for all games. Without one I wouldn't be able to play Resi CV, GT3, and many of the new games coming out.

Its very important even at the price.

I bought my memory card for £30 when I first got my PS2, and in my opinion it was well worth it.
Wed 17/10/01 at 11:32
To be honest the most important PS2 perhipheral has to be a power lead.

Joking...

The memory card is the most important as they are vital for all games. Without one I wouldn't be able to play Resi CV, GT3, and many of the new games coming out.

Its very important even at the price.

I bought my memory card for £30 when I first got my PS2, and in my opinion it was well worth it.
Tue 16/10/01 at 21:40
Regular
"WWJD"
yep
Tue 16/10/01 at 21:34
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Sorry not the official memory card! the official Remote!!
:'(
Tue 16/10/01 at 21:33
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
You need a memory card for the official memory card because it stores the drivers on there.
Tue 16/10/01 at 21:29
Regular
"WWJD"
so you need a memory card for the DVD remote
Tue 16/10/01 at 21:27
Regular
£20 for a memory card? i had to pay £27 quid for mine you got off lucky with that i have only used a bit of my memory card with Smugglers run i deleted the rest of the saves
Tue 16/10/01 at 21:21
"possibly impossible"
Still got my Saturn. Yep, that had a large memory capacity built in. Sony should have done the same, but then they would have lost money.

Oh, and I wouldn't buy the current third party cards for PS2, they don't always work with some games.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.