GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Medal of Honour: Rising Sun"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Medal of Honour Rising Sun'.
Mon 23/06/03 at 23:52
Regular
Just watched the teaser trailer off of playstation.com and to sum it up in one word, *mouth drops* awesome.
It looks just as spectacular as Frontline and ten times better. Saw a few pics in a recent OPS2 mag and it both sounds and looks good. Should be another great title from EA Games and also the follow up to MOH:Frontline.

Chat away...

Anyone know a release date?
Fri 27/06/03 at 18:40
Regular
"Sturb du sweine"
We are now talking about sun arent we?
The game looks good not the best but still they're always good even the 1st one although underground was disappointind. but i dont hate the japs as much as the nazis, i also think we should be able to fly a plane in pearl harbor.
And some1 sed about the multiplayer there is sposed to be one well thats wat i heard anyway.
Thu 26/06/03 at 17:47
Yep, that level was good. The one where you were dropped into combat was good, and a bloke got caught on a windmill; made me laugh! :) He then got shot; made me cry ;( We then won the war; made me cheer :D etc. etc.
Wed 25/06/03 at 13:31
Regular
Too true, the shootouts in the city were excellent.
Wed 25/06/03 at 13:28
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
I actually thought the highlight of Frontline wasn't the first mission (although that was amazing the first time)... it was the 'Knights of Arnhem' one, in the city. That was atmospheric and challenging.

I won't be getting Rising Sun though because I found out with frontline that FPS games make me nauseous.
Wed 25/06/03 at 13:20
Regular
No as good Allied Assault is much better.

Frontline's good fun though, and the closest substitue for AA as my PC struggles to run Windows let alone games.
Tue 24/06/03 at 22:30
Regular
i have allied assault, how does frontline compare?
Tue 24/06/03 at 14:32
Regular
Looks excellent actually, but then I loved Frontline so I would say that.

Seen game play footage from the Pearl harbour opening and I can't wait to play it for myself. The Medal of Honor series may not be the most technically advanced series of games, but the atmosphere and war theme make up for the AI and graphical misgivings.

Rising Sun's gonna have a 2 player co-op mode which should be excellent. Just hope they sort out the split screen deathmatches, they sucked on Cube.
Tue 24/06/03 at 00:15
Regular
Am I right in thinking this trailer is just the cut scene? I mean come on how the hell can you tell what a game is going to be like from a cut scene? I was pretty miffed that there wasn't even the slightest glimpse of in game footage and instead I was treated to a cut scene of the Pearl Harbour attack which I have seen many times before. I just hope they can actually sustain a decent game this time around instead of going for a blockbuster opening and then forgetting about the rest of the game.
Tue 24/06/03 at 00:07
Yep, very disappointing not to see a multiplayer in Frontline. Haven't read anything mentioning this in Rising Sun, but would be a good bonus feature to have. Or some sort of online play???
Tue 24/06/03 at 00:00
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Hmmm...might well get this, managed to finally complete Frontline although the ending was rubbish in my view.

Still a damn good game, pity they didn't include a multiplayer option over the i-Link.....now that would have been cool.

:D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.