GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Industry standard!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 16/10/01 at 15:32
Regular
For a while now their has been an idustry standard for PC's, this ment that people at home could make their own computers! But why dont laptops have a standard? I would love to build my own laptop as well but at the moment it cant be done!

Do you think their should be an industry standard on laptops as well as desktop PC's?
Thu 18/10/01 at 14:30
Umm no, firstof all the parts would just be too complicated for an untrained user to peice together, (have you ever taken a laptop apart?) and also the parts would probably be very expensive as most have to be minatureised or flattened and also have to run off a lower power supply, it is far easier to buy a laptop rather than try to construct one.
Tue 16/10/01 at 22:23
Regular
"How Handy."
Laptop parts are expensive and fiddly. You dont want to go messing with them.
Tue 16/10/01 at 15:32
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
For a while now their has been an idustry standard for PC's, this ment that people at home could make their own computers! But why dont laptops have a standard? I would love to build my own laptop as well but at the moment it cant be done!

Do you think their should be an industry standard on laptops as well as desktop PC's?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.