GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This months OXM"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/06/03 at 18:30
Regular
Ok, I know I'm two weeks late, but I've on holiday, so leave me be...

First off, the coverdisc.

What a load of tripe. Only 4 demo's, and two of those have already appeared. Of the new two, I have only tried Futurama, and I'm disappointed. Maybe I'm just crap at the game, but I can only kill two people before I get my butt kicked because the camera is crap, and the auto-lock on thing is atrocious.

I'll give Jurrasic Park a go in a bit.

As for the actual mag, 3 elite games this month bodes well. After the news that Sony has rights to all F1 games for the next 4 years, I may move over to Indycar games, and Indycar Series looks like it may be the game I've been waiting for. Anyone on here tired it?

What about Brute Force? Any thoughts from you lot yet? Midtown Madness scored lower than I'd hoped, as did F1 Career Challenge...
Wed 25/06/03 at 18:38
Regular
For your own reference, GamesTM gave the PS2 version of Indycar Series 2/10. Ouch.
Wed 25/06/03 at 13:21
Regular
Your Honour, do you really think that you will find in Indycar Series what you found in F1? Unless you enjoy going around, mainly in plain ovals, at 200mph without overtaking anyone for 20 laps at a time, then go for it.
Wed 25/06/03 at 00:15
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Another of YH's monthly give OXM the once over. Its becoming an event in its own right.
Tue 24/06/03 at 22:20
Regular
This month's OXM is the biggest load of toss I've ever read.

And I subscribe to NOM.
Tue 24/06/03 at 21:47
Regular
"Remember me?"
Your Honour wrote:
> I have only tried Futurama, and I'm disappointed.

Did you really expect it to be any good?
Tue 24/06/03 at 18:55
Regular
"8==="
Your Honour wrote:
>
> What about Brute Force? Any thoughts from you lot yet?

Check the 'getting xbox', 'busy weekend' and the 'Brute force' threads.

It's all in there.
Tue 24/06/03 at 18:52
Regular
"gsybe you!"
OXM was rubbish. This month anyway.

I buy NGC and Games TM mainly.

When I buy any at all.
Tue 24/06/03 at 18:40
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Yes the cover disc was a load of old toss basically. The magazine has gone downhill and I won't be buying it anymore. I'm buying Games TM for overall reading, the odd copy of Edge, and instead of buying what the mags reckon is good I'm going to buy what I like the look of. OXM is definitely compromised after their 8.5 for Matrix.

It worked back in the days of the SNES and Megadrive so no reason it won't now.
Tue 24/06/03 at 18:34
Regular
Midtown Madness should be superb if you plan on taking it online. Though if you're solely going for offline play, sounds like it's probably not much cop.
Tue 24/06/03 at 18:30
Regular
Ok, I know I'm two weeks late, but I've on holiday, so leave me be...

First off, the coverdisc.

What a load of tripe. Only 4 demo's, and two of those have already appeared. Of the new two, I have only tried Futurama, and I'm disappointed. Maybe I'm just crap at the game, but I can only kill two people before I get my butt kicked because the camera is crap, and the auto-lock on thing is atrocious.

I'll give Jurrasic Park a go in a bit.

As for the actual mag, 3 elite games this month bodes well. After the news that Sony has rights to all F1 games for the next 4 years, I may move over to Indycar games, and Indycar Series looks like it may be the game I've been waiting for. Anyone on here tired it?

What about Brute Force? Any thoughts from you lot yet? Midtown Madness scored lower than I'd hoped, as did F1 Career Challenge...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.