GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GAMES HAVE THEIR DIFFERENCES"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 16/10/01 at 13:46
Regular
I have had a question racing in mind for quite a while now, which a lot of people forget to mention. I do apologize Special Reserve, maybe you have, but I have not yet come across it. AnywayÖI doubt that developers are putting their full attention to certain games. Take one from each genre for example and compare the graphics; these can be from the same developers of each game. Here are my chosen titles: - ëResident Evil: CVCí, ëDead Or Alive 2í, ëF1 2001í and ëStar Wars: Starfighterí.

These are prime examples of four game genres that compare the graphics between certain areas of a game.
The types of games mentioned are ëActioní, ëAdventureí, ëFightingí, ëArcadeí and ëSimulationí. What I notice about these games are the areas of which the graphics are mostly concentrating on. The graphics for ëDOA2í concentrates mainly towards the characters than any other part of the game. Why?Ö because this game is fixed on the characters than anything else. Regarding Arcade and Simulation titles; whatís the difference between them? Many people would have noticed that the graphics are largely pushed towards the cars for ëF1 2001í, and the ships for ëStar Wars: Starfigtherí.
The only game genre that stands out with the graphics in all areas is Action Adventures...in my opinion anyway. I find that Action Adventure titles such as Resident Evil: CVC, Onimusha Warlords and Devil May Cry, each have the graphics spread out to make everything in the game look proportional. Unlike the games I mentioned earlierÖthese games donít have one part looking good and the other looking bad. Donít get me wrongÖI enjoy all those other games too. DOA2, F1 2001 and of course, Star Wars Starfighter, are all fantastic titles.

The thing that gets me about Action Adventures, regardless to the storyline is as I already mentionedÖthe graphics are equally concentrating on the whole game and not just one part of it.

When will there be games where absolutely everything looks the works?
Gran Turismo 3 looks great but thatís a unique titleÖit has to look great.
I know that MGS2 is looking unbelievable; as so does The Getaway. But these are just a fewÖevery game should look perfect if you ask meÖI mean, whatís the point of putting in all that hard work during development if they donít.

Thank you,

Son Of Liberty
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Tue 16/10/01 at 13:46
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
I have had a question racing in mind for quite a while now, which a lot of people forget to mention. I do apologize Special Reserve, maybe you have, but I have not yet come across it. AnywayÖI doubt that developers are putting their full attention to certain games. Take one from each genre for example and compare the graphics; these can be from the same developers of each game. Here are my chosen titles: - ëResident Evil: CVCí, ëDead Or Alive 2í, ëF1 2001í and ëStar Wars: Starfighterí.

These are prime examples of four game genres that compare the graphics between certain areas of a game.
The types of games mentioned are ëActioní, ëAdventureí, ëFightingí, ëArcadeí and ëSimulationí. What I notice about these games are the areas of which the graphics are mostly concentrating on. The graphics for ëDOA2í concentrates mainly towards the characters than any other part of the game. Why?Ö because this game is fixed on the characters than anything else. Regarding Arcade and Simulation titles; whatís the difference between them? Many people would have noticed that the graphics are largely pushed towards the cars for ëF1 2001í, and the ships for ëStar Wars: Starfigtherí.
The only game genre that stands out with the graphics in all areas is Action Adventures...in my opinion anyway. I find that Action Adventure titles such as Resident Evil: CVC, Onimusha Warlords and Devil May Cry, each have the graphics spread out to make everything in the game look proportional. Unlike the games I mentioned earlierÖthese games donít have one part looking good and the other looking bad. Donít get me wrongÖI enjoy all those other games too. DOA2, F1 2001 and of course, Star Wars Starfighter, are all fantastic titles.

The thing that gets me about Action Adventures, regardless to the storyline is as I already mentionedÖthe graphics are equally concentrating on the whole game and not just one part of it.

When will there be games where absolutely everything looks the works?
Gran Turismo 3 looks great but thatís a unique titleÖit has to look great.
I know that MGS2 is looking unbelievable; as so does The Getaway. But these are just a fewÖevery game should look perfect if you ask meÖI mean, whatís the point of putting in all that hard work during development if they donít.

Thank you,

Son Of Liberty

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.