GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hedfix's secrets for game reviews"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 25/06/03 at 10:33
Regular
Ok you give the game points to a maximum of 5.

1 point for the money: How much they spent on the game and how much they have bribed you.

2 for the show: How well it's graphics look

3 to get ready: How good the story is and how well you are brought into the game.

4 now go cat go: Speed and gameplay two very important factors

5 and finally give the game a point if it does anything but step on your blue suede shoes.
Wed 25/06/03 at 10:33
Regular
"8==="
Ok you give the game points to a maximum of 5.

1 point for the money: How much they spent on the game and how much they have bribed you.

2 for the show: How well it's graphics look

3 to get ready: How good the story is and how well you are brought into the game.

4 now go cat go: Speed and gameplay two very important factors

5 and finally give the game a point if it does anything but step on your blue suede shoes.
Wed 25/06/03 at 10:57
Regular
"you've got a beard"
:)
genius!
Sun 06/07/03 at 06:04
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Hedfix hedfix hedfix *shaking head* what other inspired pieces of advice do you have??
Sun 06/07/03 at 11:26
Heh some good points there...
Sun 06/07/03 at 11:38
Regular
Yeah...
Sun 06/07/03 at 11:51
Regular
"118 118"
You have to show originality in your review. Use your own opinions and experiences with the game. This is more valuble than re-wording the text on the back of the games box.

Talk about longetivity - how many levels, how long the game is likely to last you.

Mention the downfalls of the game too, otherwise it just seems like you are glorifying the game.

But then again I have only won the review GAD 3 times so I am no expert. If you want some REALLY good reviewing advice, you want to ask El Blokey - he is 'the man' when it comes to reviews.

On a final note, where is Blokey? I haven't seen him around for quite some time!
Sun 06/07/03 at 12:27
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Kyz wrote:
> longetivity

---

I used to write that. Heh.

Longevity is the word you be looking for. :-)
Sun 06/07/03 at 12:28
"Gracia senoir"
yes so did I..........
Sun 06/07/03 at 18:14
Regular
Don't write in sections, they don't work, just sit down and write whichever game you're reviewing. Much more fluent.
Sun 06/07/03 at 18:19
Regular
when I write a review I think about what I would want to know about the game/product.

Its easy to ask yourself "If I was buying this, what would I want to know beforehand"

With games I don't actually consider the graphics and sound the most important thing to write about. Its more important to write about how the game makes you feel, what the overall experience is like. Good Graphics and sound are a bonus, but they do not make a game.

Finally, perhaps describe a particular experience you had playing the game, to convey the finer points of it to people.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.