GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Advance Wars - help me out here..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Advance Wars'.
Wed 25/06/03 at 12:41
Regular
yo

i just swapped my copy of virtua tennis for advance wars with a mate . the thing that's pee-ing me off is that i cant seem to put my own name in!! so every time they speak to me, they use my mates name!

i mean, its not the end of the world but if anyone could tell me how i can input my own name into the game that would be diamond.

cheers...
Wed 25/06/03 at 23:12
Regular
Just completed this game today on my Game Boy player. I had been stuck on the last mission of campaign mode for ages, can't wait for the sequal.
Wed 25/06/03 at 18:01
"Gracia senoir"
I'm bored
Wed 25/06/03 at 18:00
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
I am psybrick.
Wed 25/06/03 at 18:00
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Strange mood today, you monkus.

I predict happiness from visiting girl in Summer.
Wed 25/06/03 at 17:59
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Bobs your uncle.
Wed 25/06/03 at 17:35
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
No problem.
Wed 25/06/03 at 17:35
Regular
"That's Crazy!"
thank you microchips

much help. i went to www.gamefaqs.com and it was pretty much what you said;

press L, select & right as soon as you turn the game on and bob's your uncle!

cheers..
Wed 25/06/03 at 14:29
Regular
Yo
Wed 25/06/03 at 14:02
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Erase the game.

I believe you hold L, right (Or left) and select or start when you turn the game on.

Try different combinations using those buttons, as in:

L, Right, Start
L, right, Select
L, left, Start

Etc

And if that doesn't work, go to www.gamefaqs.com where they'll actually give you the proper code. ;D
Wed 25/06/03 at 12:41
Regular
"That's Crazy!"
yo

i just swapped my copy of virtua tennis for advance wars with a mate . the thing that's pee-ing me off is that i cant seem to put my own name in!! so every time they speak to me, they use my mates name!

i mean, its not the end of the world but if anyone could tell me how i can input my own name into the game that would be diamond.

cheers...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.