GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Laptops"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 04/04/07 at 21:47
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Any good? Not after it for games, just a bit of mobility around the house.

If it's no good i'll listen to recommendations. Just keep it around the £400 mark.
Wed 04/04/07 at 21:47
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Any good? Not after it for games, just a bit of mobility around the house.

If it's no good i'll listen to recommendations. Just keep it around the £400 mark.
Wed 04/04/07 at 22:23
Regular
Wish I was rich =( I'd love a laptop right now.

Toys R' Us are renowned for being very expensive.

I only checked ebuyer, this is the cheapest one I could find, £349.97

Does that Garin fellow still post here? I'd like him to tell me if we'll ever see a £99.99 laptop. We should all have one.
Wed 04/04/07 at 22:34
Regular
"eat toast!"
laptopsdirect.co.uk have some decent ones, but any cheap one will do for work purposes these days. Hell my brothers p3 2ghz laptop with 256mb and a 16mb graphic card(how things change eh?) is fine for work purposes. You could buy a second hand one for maybe 200 and it should be fine for work.
Wed 04/04/07 at 23:30
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Dfficult at this point, but avoid budget laptops with Vista installed if you can. Vista requirements are quite a bit higher than XP so obviously doesnt work as well in budget systems. I'd certainly say 1 gig memory is the minimum you should go for.

Purely my opinion but if where you are buying from offers a pre-inspection (like laptopsdirect.co.uk) then I wouldnt buy from them unless you want to pay for the inspection too. Paying for the pre-inspection guarantees you things like the laptop having no dead pixels. The implication of this for me is that you're more likely to get a laptop that hasnt passed the pre-inspection but is still deemed sellable.

The one you've linked to is ok, but take note of the screen size. For that price you can have a 15.4inch widescreen too. In that price range you'll generally find theres little to choose between the major brands in terms of spec and its down to personal preference which you go with. In these situations I tend to recommend people go down to their local comet/currys/pc world. as they'll carry all the major brands so you can see which one you like best. Also tesco usually have some pretty good prices on gateway and acer laptops.
Wed 04/04/07 at 23:38
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Machie wrote:
> Does that Garin fellow still post here? I'd like him to tell me
> if we'll ever see a £99.99 laptop. We should all have one.

I guess you've heard of the 100 dollar laptop for children in third world countries. It'll hit the consumer market sooner or later I'm betting. It wont run windows of course. :)
Mon 09/04/07 at 19:57
Regular
No offense but that laptop is not woth that money. Its spec isnt great (but i know you dont want it for gaming) and can never harm buying the extra stuff needed incase. You could get this a lot cheaper from another site or maybe get a higher spec laptop for the same price. Looks good though =|D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.