GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"graphics cards"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/10/01 at 18:10
Regular
Has anybody got any problems with a Sparkle GEFORCE II mx 400 64mb AGP card. for some reason mine keeps locking up games
Mon 15/10/01 at 18:10
Has anybody got any problems with a Sparkle GEFORCE II mx 400 64mb AGP card. for some reason mine keeps locking up games
Mon 15/10/01 at 18:15
Regular
I've got one you got new drivers for it?
Mon 15/10/01 at 18:52
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
*points at PC/Tech forum*...

Check your drivers, and the card itself - mine started doing this, then I noticed that the heatsink was rattling around the bottom of my case, causing it to overheat. Quick switch for an old Voodoo3 heatsink and some arctic silver/epoxy fixed it, but heat is you enemy when it comes to hardware - check the CPU temperature with something like MBM5 too, especially AMD processors, which are notorious for heating up at a moment's notice and bringing down your PC.

There's an infamous Tom's Hardware video of them removing the heatsink from an AthlonXP while it was running to test the thermal protection diode..it went to 371"C in 3 seconds, froze the PC, and destroyed the chip/motherboard - obviously, if your PC is still working then it wont be quite this extreme, but it can be a problem and cause of instability.

Final cause of frequent system freezing tends to be cheap components - poor quality fans, unbranded generic ram, an OEM power supply - or one that isn't powerful enough. What other devices (like internal IDE drives) that draw power from your PSU are you using, and what cpu/motherboard/power supply wattage??
Mon 15/10/01 at 19:22
Regular
"Mm reprocessed meat"
The dell I'm getting only has a 4mb graphics card? Will this do for most games, or will I have to upgrade as soon as I get it?
Mon 15/10/01 at 19:49
Regular
N wonder my CD/RW don't work my fan is taking up power!
Mon 15/10/01 at 20:01
Regular
Littledickie?

Ha ha, change it too Pee Wee Herman or something less obvious maggot boy.
Mon 15/10/01 at 20:04
Regular
You might need more ram, try UKRAM.com. :)
Mon 15/10/01 at 20:08
Regular
...or the graphics card could be over heating, check that the fan is working on it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.