GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Where would you like to go today?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/10/01 at 15:29
Regular
The classic Microsoft catchphrase, they almost had a grasp of every market in the world with that phrase, pity it was just an advertising scam. That phrase could have landed Microsoft a console which was exciting everyone except Nintendo fans, and it could have made life much easier for Sony. There is one basic principle behind the phrase; the company is asking the user what they want. Now I'm, quite sure that companies spend stupid amounts of money on market research and independent studies into social trends etc. and also advertising to persuade our feeble minds into what we are wanting. But can I just see the number of people who had registered their previous or current consoles AND were asked by the company who make that console to fill in a simple questionnaire asking what they liked/disliked about that console? Then you could push the boat out a little further and ask how many people were consulted as to what they would like to see on their new console? After all we are the end of the line when it comes to games/console sales. What we want is what we buy.

So on the basic principle of human nature, could a company be successful if it asked people what they would like before they try to tell them what they actually want. I have heard many a grumble about the general quality of the current crop of PS2 games, I'm going to pick on the bouncer just for the sake of it. The Bouncer has brilliant graphics and solid gameplay, surely this would lead to a hit game, right? Wrong. The people at Square must have hid themselves in a box and not bothered to ask anyone what they wanted from this game. I could almost guarantee that people's mouths would be watering if the Bouncer was given the scope to become 3D Streets of Rage, it has the battle engine, and graphics to pull it off, but the FMV fragmentation of the game spoils it to a stupid degree. Simple user consultation could have avoiding this very promising idea becoming the poor game it is.

So why are we ignored by the big three? They arenít shy to take our money, but for us to actually give them an insight into what we want, surely that would make their lives so much easier than trying to guess, or spoon-feed us.
Sat 20/10/01 at 15:10
Regular
"Death to the Infide"
Where do you want to go today?

If you are working for microsoft your going to hell, and you dont get a choice.
Wed 17/10/01 at 20:21
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
DeltaJava wrote:
> Despite the general hatred towards Microsoft in these froums, I ereckon that
> most people would love to work at any MS branch.

No, I wouldn't. It's like working as one of Satan's slaves. The pay's good, but you live the horror.
Tue 16/10/01 at 21:17
Despite the general hatred towards Microsoft in these froums, I ereckon that most people would love to work at any MS branch.
Mon 15/10/01 at 23:16
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I've got nothing against the X-Box. I can't judge something I haven't really seen properly.
Mon 15/10/01 at 23:14
Regular
"I like cheese"
I was looking at a list of games scheduled for launch for X-Box, and it actually looks quite impressive.
Mon 15/10/01 at 21:05
Hmmm, They seem to tell us what we want, most of the time they're right!

Dan
Mon 15/10/01 at 19:43
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
"Where would you like to go today"

Anywhere that doesn't have an Xbox in it.

Actually, that's a lie. I'd play on one, but I would buy one and if I was given it, I'd sell it.
Mon 15/10/01 at 17:57
Regular
"Back For Good"
"Where would you like to go today" is not a bad line for the xbox, they might use it for adverts and that.
Mon 15/10/01 at 17:49
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
Four Players isn't much!! I thought Internet gaming was so that you COULD play with more than four people!!

BUT the Xbox will becoming with a Hard Drive, and BroadBand ready!! Just the games aren't as well anticpated!!

I myself am going to get a PS2 just for quick pick-up and play games like EXTREME g-3, and use the PC and GC for big RPGs (Zelda :-D!!).
Mon 15/10/01 at 15:41
Regular
You should see Nintendo's views on Online Gaming.

"Nintendo is all about 4 local players so people will only be able to play over local networks and have four to a game."

Talk about limitations...

Still, you know how Nintendo often play things down until the last minute...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.