GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Quality Vs Quantity"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 28/06/03 at 21:27
Regular
By now, a lot of you may, or may not realise is that Sony have a widervariety of games for their Playstation 2 than any other console, while others, like the Xbox, have a less choice, but the quality and detail of the games push the Xbox to its limit. This may be more of a matter of opinion though ...
Mon 30/06/03 at 23:11
Regular
El Blokey wrote:
>the PS2 has the best football and tennis games (PES2 and Virtua Tennis 2) exclusively on this gen.

Got Sega Tennis 2K2 on the Dreamcast and I imported Winning ELeven 6 for my Cube. You forgot to mention the only decent boxing game though which Victorious Boxers. Genius!
Mon 30/06/03 at 18:34
"period drama"
M16 wrote:
> I thought this was gonna be some long gameaday-wanting post...
> obviously not!

Same here.
Obviously his thoughts kinda died off after the title
Mon 30/06/03 at 11:47
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
I thought this was gonna be some long gameaday-wanting post... obviously not!
Sun 29/06/03 at 12:50
"period drama"
Well, the XB is more powerful, so a better looking game is just to be expected - specific details more easily achieved and things like special lighting (in Splinter Cell for example) can be done better just because of the console's raw power.

As for pushing it to it's limits, you should never say that.
Look at the PSX's release games compared to the games made in the final stages of it's life (FF9 is beautiful). There was such a massive development as the PS grew older - companies found out how to use the console's power properly.

The same could happen now - there is a change between PS2 launch games and today's probably due to the same thing - and PS2 was supposed to be very complicated to deal with.
XB could easily go further as it gets older.
Sun 29/06/03 at 11:48
Regular
Natbuc wrote:
> Well the way I see it, the more you have, the more chance you have of
> getting a quality game.

And the higher chance of getting a crap game.
Sun 29/06/03 at 11:36
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
NEIL2002 wrote:
> This may be more of a
> matter of opinion though ...

I'd say so. Agreed, the Xbox does a few things better (FPS and...well, that's it at the moment) but the PS2 has the best football and tennis games (PES2 and Virtua Tennis 2) exclusively on this gen, and has the best turn based RPGs, as well as a pretty good range of platformers (such as Ratchet and Clank, and Jak and Daxter).
Sun 29/06/03 at 10:43
Regular
"  "
Well the way I see it, the more you have, the more chance you have of getting a quality game.
Sat 28/06/03 at 22:48
Regular
"oaps.org"
ahm.... fanboy anyone
:p
Sat 28/06/03 at 21:27
Regular
By now, a lot of you may, or may not realise is that Sony have a widervariety of games for their Playstation 2 than any other console, while others, like the Xbox, have a less choice, but the quality and detail of the games push the Xbox to its limit. This may be more of a matter of opinion though ...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.