GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Twas it better?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 29/06/03 at 17:56
Regular
The old Xbox controller, big, fit in your hands perfectly, and it looks great.
The controller S, smaller, looks better then the old one, and still fits great in your hands...

So what is better, i currently own a controller S and i am planning on getting a new controller, but should i get a controller S or go for the old big one... Im just not too sure because if i get the big one people will moan and say that it is too big and ugly, but if i get the S one then XBOX owners say that they suck and that they are too small...
Apparently they made the controller for japan because they have small hands, but weather that is true or not...
So what would you reccomend me getting, a big or small controller, and what one is better...
I think the controller S is the best...

Discuss...
Mon 30/06/03 at 12:36
Regular
"Remember me?"
EL ROBIN wrote:
> Apparently they made the controller for japan because they have small
> hands, but weather that is true or not...

The Japanese have small hands because they have small genitals. COME ON PEOPLE, HE SPOON FED THAT ONE TO YOU!!!!

Anywho, I prefer the Controller S. Nicer buttons which're easier to reach and press than the oval pieces of toss on the normal pad. Plus the d-pad IS actually a d-pad on the S and it's easier to determine which direction you're pressing. And the smaller pad is more comfortable to use, especially over prolonged sessions.
Mon 30/06/03 at 06:13
Regular
"8==="
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> You're insane, why on earth would you buy 2 Xbox's?
>
> Only reason I could think of would be if you had a very large family
> or your friends were constantly attached to your side so you always
> had someone to play with.

Heh. I always liked the PC gaming style where you couldn't see the other players movements and location. Plus having a screen all to yourself is the mutts nuts. And the having a screen all to yourself while playing a team game on-line with a mate playing next to you would rock.
Mon 30/06/03 at 00:16
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Thats one Fuped up dream. :)

I like using Controller S when I can round my mates house, think its a bit better. I have 4 controllers, one if the is currently A.W.O.L however, my nob brother lent it to someone and I don't think I'll be seeing it again.

I mite buy a Controller S then to make 4. Again.
Mon 30/06/03 at 00:14
Regular
You're insane, why on earth would you buy 2 Xbox's?

Only reason I could think of would be if you had a very large family or your friends were constantly attached to your side so you always had someone to play with.
Sun 29/06/03 at 19:23
Regular
"8==="
EL ROBIN wrote:
> then you would have 5 controllers for 1 console, why are you going to
> get another XBox???

Link up and online gaming! Brute Force is worth getting a nother xbox on its own. I also want to play TS2, Halo, Whacked, Serious Sam, Ghost Recon and Unreal Championship through link up.

Getting 2/3 Xboxes online is still the dream though.
Sun 29/06/03 at 18:39
"Lemon eyewash"
i don't like the controller s ewww yucky me no get one :)
Sun 29/06/03 at 18:01
then you would have 5 controllers for 1 console, why are you going to get another XBox???
Sun 29/06/03 at 17:58
Regular
"8==="
I have 3 normal ones. And one small. I'm gonna get another small one though, when I get a second xbox (which'll get me another normal one too) .
Sun 29/06/03 at 17:56
The old Xbox controller, big, fit in your hands perfectly, and it looks great.
The controller S, smaller, looks better then the old one, and still fits great in your hands...

So what is better, i currently own a controller S and i am planning on getting a new controller, but should i get a controller S or go for the old big one... Im just not too sure because if i get the big one people will moan and say that it is too big and ugly, but if i get the S one then XBOX owners say that they suck and that they are too small...
Apparently they made the controller for japan because they have small hands, but weather that is true or not...
So what would you reccomend me getting, a big or small controller, and what one is better...
I think the controller S is the best...

Discuss...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.