GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm going to ECTS... AS A JOURNALIST:)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 30/06/03 at 10:05
Regular
I write articles for a website which I'm not going to name (can't have you lot telling 'em porkies about me) and I'm going to ECTS. YEY YEY YEY YEY YEY YEY YEY YEY.
Tue 01/07/03 at 10:08
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
ECTS has been pretty crap ever since Nintendo stopped attending, the year before last I went, didn't play any games and left after about an hour and went shopping in London instead.
Nintendo always had the best stand and showed off loads of games that were still ages before being released.
I remember playing Ocarina of Time, F-Zero X, 1080, Perfect Dark, Mario Tennis, N64 Dinosaur Planet (before it turned into Star Fox Adventures) and seeing video presentations from Rare and being one of the first to play the GBA and thrash everyone of an early version of Mario Kart. It all seemed so bloody great at the time.
Konami, Sony and a few others had notable stands, but Nintendo's ruled above all, but alas nowadays it's a third-rate show without all the big-hitters.

3 or 4 years ago was the golden age for the show, but now there really aren't that many reasons to bother going. It's hot, full of a) beardy nerds striving to be noticed, b) under-age nerds pretending to be important, c) smarmy looking business types in their fancy suits thinking their the dog's danglers, d) scantily clad girls pretending to be interested in games, e) journalists thinking they're cool by "just attending for the free booze" (of which their is none anyway, it's all very pricey).

I suppose I'll go again this year, if only for reason d).
Mon 30/06/03 at 23:26
Regular
"Hmmm....."
I've worked with a few journalists. Their response to going to this ECTS (whatever that is!) would be more like 'I'm going to ECTS...hrrmf"

Biggest load of manaic depressives I've ever met ;-)

It was hilarious, they would be talking to another journalist on the phone saying "alright mate, you're a star mate", then they would put down the phone and turn to their nearest neighbour and mutter something along the lines of "obstinate fool" or "stupid old cow."
Mon 30/06/03 at 19:03
Regular
Are you working for Cube Europe?
Mon 30/06/03 at 16:02
Regular
"8==="
locky1133 wrote:
>
> No, nearly...

Europe-Cube?

With all the 'YAY YAY YAY' surely it must be NOM.
Mon 30/06/03 at 15:21
Regular
"Omnipresent"
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> I'm pretty sure he writes for Cube-Europe...

No, nearly...

er-no, why not say hi, I won't stalk you:)
Mon 30/06/03 at 14:34
Regular
"You've upset me"
I'm pretty sure he writes for Cube-Europe...
Mon 30/06/03 at 14:25
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
Drunk Cow wrote:
> okay now I'm really off to bed.

I got four hours of sleep!!!!! WOOH!
Mon 30/06/03 at 14:00
Regular
"everyone says it"
I am also going to ECTS as a member of the press. I will go about my business and try not to talk to you.
Mon 30/06/03 at 13:00
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Does the website you work for know you refuse to advertise for them?
Mon 30/06/03 at 12:55
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I liked the impressive, serious journo use of "YEY YEY YEY YEY YEY" in the original topic.
It informed me that any subsequent reporting would be well written, non-hype and aimed at the older reader.

YEY YEY YEY YEY YEY YEY

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.