GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sonic .vs. Mario - Who Would Win?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/10/01 at 09:09
Regular
In a fight between these two characters, who would win? (Not industry-wise, I mean a REAL fight. We got to have some humour in this forum).

Teams:

Sonic, Knuckles, Tails, Dr. R
Mario, Luigi, Toad, King Koopa

Let The Debate Begin!

Sorry, but Sonic won't be able to out speed this fat plumber. Mario wins hands down.

Let's start with the basics. What can Sonic do? Run and jump. What can Mario do? Run and jump, fly, spit fireballs, become invincible, turn into a frog and swim... in Mario 64, he can go through walls. Heck, in SMB3 on the NES, he can fly forever with power wings.

All Mario would have to do is spin around and shoot fireballs and Sonic would either get hit by them or go so fast that he accidently runs into one (or more, if he can't slow down fast enough to stop himself from hitting fireballs). Heck, he can fly up in the air with his power wings and jump right on Sonic. If Sonic moves out of the way, then Mario would automatically fly back up into the sky before Sonic gets to him.

Also, take into account the backup Mario would have. Luigi, Toad, King Koopa and his goons. Luigi can do the exact same things as Mario, Toad is short and jumps very high, King Koopa can shoot strings of fire at an enemy and he is very powerful. Who does Sonic have? Tails, Knuckles, and Dr. R. Dr. R makes huge robots with nice moves, but all King Koopa, Luigi, and Mario would have to do is shoot fireballs at that weak spot Dr. R keeps putting on his robots. Knuckles jumps up and glides, whoop-dee-doo. And Tails helicopter move is not as good as Mario's and Luigi's.

All in all, Mario's team would win against Sonic's team.

But on the other handÖ

So to explain why Sonic would defeat Mario, I'll say that Sonic too has special abilities. He has a secret ability that turns him into the wild Sonic. He can run, jump, and spin 5 times faster. Not to mention the invincible ability. So they both have special abilities that cancel out the others. Mario is a plumber, and that's it. He's fat, lazy, stubby, and only relies on his powers from special things to help him out.

Putting all special magic aside. Sonic could easily run circles around Mario. Mario can jump high, but Sonic can also. Heck, Mario couldn't even catch Sonic if Sonic choose to run away to heal any wounds. Then Sonic would zip back in a flash, and before Mario could even get his hat back on, Sonic would do his Spin move and tumble right through Mario, forcing Mario to fly painfully through the air. Before Mario can even touch the ground again, Sonic could jump up and slash Mario with his spike things he has on his head/back.

Mario would punch Sonic every now and then when Sonic would start fooling around with him. Freezing momentarily in front of his face and such.

So if you take away the special abilities of the characters, and have them brawl with their bare hands, Sonic would win fists down.

In your opinion, who would win?
Sun 14/10/01 at 09:09
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
In a fight between these two characters, who would win? (Not industry-wise, I mean a REAL fight. We got to have some humour in this forum).

Teams:

Sonic, Knuckles, Tails, Dr. R
Mario, Luigi, Toad, King Koopa

Let The Debate Begin!

Sorry, but Sonic won't be able to out speed this fat plumber. Mario wins hands down.

Let's start with the basics. What can Sonic do? Run and jump. What can Mario do? Run and jump, fly, spit fireballs, become invincible, turn into a frog and swim... in Mario 64, he can go through walls. Heck, in SMB3 on the NES, he can fly forever with power wings.

All Mario would have to do is spin around and shoot fireballs and Sonic would either get hit by them or go so fast that he accidently runs into one (or more, if he can't slow down fast enough to stop himself from hitting fireballs). Heck, he can fly up in the air with his power wings and jump right on Sonic. If Sonic moves out of the way, then Mario would automatically fly back up into the sky before Sonic gets to him.

Also, take into account the backup Mario would have. Luigi, Toad, King Koopa and his goons. Luigi can do the exact same things as Mario, Toad is short and jumps very high, King Koopa can shoot strings of fire at an enemy and he is very powerful. Who does Sonic have? Tails, Knuckles, and Dr. R. Dr. R makes huge robots with nice moves, but all King Koopa, Luigi, and Mario would have to do is shoot fireballs at that weak spot Dr. R keeps putting on his robots. Knuckles jumps up and glides, whoop-dee-doo. And Tails helicopter move is not as good as Mario's and Luigi's.

All in all, Mario's team would win against Sonic's team.

But on the other handÖ

So to explain why Sonic would defeat Mario, I'll say that Sonic too has special abilities. He has a secret ability that turns him into the wild Sonic. He can run, jump, and spin 5 times faster. Not to mention the invincible ability. So they both have special abilities that cancel out the others. Mario is a plumber, and that's it. He's fat, lazy, stubby, and only relies on his powers from special things to help him out.

Putting all special magic aside. Sonic could easily run circles around Mario. Mario can jump high, but Sonic can also. Heck, Mario couldn't even catch Sonic if Sonic choose to run away to heal any wounds. Then Sonic would zip back in a flash, and before Mario could even get his hat back on, Sonic would do his Spin move and tumble right through Mario, forcing Mario to fly painfully through the air. Before Mario can even touch the ground again, Sonic could jump up and slash Mario with his spike things he has on his head/back.

Mario would punch Sonic every now and then when Sonic would start fooling around with him. Freezing momentarily in front of his face and such.

So if you take away the special abilities of the characters, and have them brawl with their bare hands, Sonic would win fists down.

In your opinion, who would win?
Sun 14/10/01 at 10:55
Regular
"Wasting away"
What are you on about? I like Mario more and I'd have to go down to the bookies and place a bet, but Sonic would wipe the floor with him. Just look at his mates name 'Knuckles', doesn't that strike you as a 'ard nut'?
Sun 14/10/01 at 10:58
Regular
This is silly. Who would win? An over-weight plumber with no special attributes other than those given to him by mid-level pick-ups, or a giant hedgehog, with natural super speed, sharp spikes, and the same selection of mid-level pick-ups.

Mario can be invincible is a reason? No way, so can Sonic. Obviously, now that Nintendo may be using Sonic, head to head with Mario, they are going to want the characters to appear evenly matched, or perhaps in favour of their character Mario, but that just sums up Nintendo really. Not bothered about silly concepts, as long as its either cute, collectable or completely stupid :-)
Sun 14/10/01 at 11:13
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
I love being controversial!
Sun 14/10/01 at 11:18
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
ssxpro wrote:
> This is silly. Who would win? An over-weight plumber with no special attributes
> other than those given to him by mid-level pick-ups, or a giant hedgehog, with
> natural super speed, sharp spikes, and the same selection of mid-level
> pick-ups.

Well I don't believe that his sharp spikes could penetrate Mario's layers of flab. Sonic would get his spikes stuck in the blubber and then Mario would sit on him either suffocating him, squashing him or both.

:)
Sun 14/10/01 at 11:27
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
The_Vottanator wrote:
> ssxpro wrote:
> This is silly. Who would win? An over-weight plumber with no
> special attributes
> other than those given to him by mid-level pick-ups, or
> a giant hedgehog, with
> natural super speed, sharp spikes, and the same
> selection of mid-level
> pick-ups.

Well I don't believe that his
> sharp spikes could penetrate Mario's layers of flab. Sonic would get his spikes
> stuck in the blubber and then Mario would sit on him either suffocating him,
> squashing him or both.

Now that's what I'm talking about!

:)
Sun 14/10/01 at 11:40
Regular
"Wasting away"
It has come to my attention that without a doubt Mario would now win. Whilst Sonic flies at him at a super-sonic rate Mario would just stand there and wait, then Sonic would charge into Mario and get his spikes caught in his stomach. Mario would then pick him up sprinkle some pepper on him and then munch into him, eating away at his tinny corpse.

But this isn't enought for Mario, he then turns on Knuckles and races after her like a mad man, finally catching her and munching away at here, lugi then jumps on Marios back and starts to eat Mario as he was in love with Knuckles.

The end
Sun 14/10/01 at 12:02
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
Mr Nice Guy wrote:
> It has come to my attention that without a doubt Mario would now win. Whilst
> Sonic flies at him at a super-sonic rate Mario would just stand there and wait,
> then Sonic would charge into Mario and get his spikes caught in his stomach.
> Mario would then pick him up sprinkle some pepper on him and then munch into
> him, eating away at his tinny corpse.

But this isn't enought for Mario, he
> then turns on Knuckles and races after her like a mad man, finally catching her
> and munching away at here, lugi then jumps on Marios back and starts to eat
> Mario as he was in love with Knuckles.

The end

Hehe!
Sun 14/10/01 at 12:41
"period drama"
Hmmm.
lets see...

a fat italian plumber vs. a prickly blue spinning hedge-hog.

ooh, that's a tough one.
Sun 14/10/01 at 12:43
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Hmmm.
lets see...

a fat italian plumber vs. a prickly blue spinning
> hedge-hog.

ooh, that's a tough one.

:) Heh.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.