GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Future of Games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 13/10/01 at 21:44
Regular
What do you think games will be like in the future? I have a clear idea of what games will be like in the future. Check this report!!!

Nowadays many popular gaming companies and developers are getting new ideas and finding newer technologies needed to improve the games and consoles they produce. So far they have done a great job of wooing gaming fans into the games industry, by creating new and never-seen-before games. The fact that really draws attention to people that like games is the realism. Realistic games (games that look real) are the best-selling games.
Football games today are being created to be as near to the real thing. Football fanatics are looking for football games that are realistic, meaning they look and play like the real thing. Nobody wants a game that isn't like the football that goes on on the Tele do they? No. They want to play football games that give a true feeling and definition of football.
Realism isn't the only factor that draws gaming fans, though. There is also the gameplay and the genre of the games. Many people nowadays have different interests in games. Some people like strategies,RPGs and so on. But the games that I think would make a difference in the future will be Sport/Simulations and action games, with RPGs running just behind. The reason I say this is because if people want realistic games they want games that are like real-life. Life is full of action and entertainment, but also fantasies, which is why RPGs will also make a difference in the near future. Strategy games will also be good for the future depending what kind of strategy. If its a battle strategy, yes. If its a unrealistic strategy, no.
What are games for? Games are there for entertainment, especially when you're bored. They're there for you to act things out in a different world (on your TV screen) that you can't in real life. That is why games are becoming more and more realistic today, to create a realistic atmosphere by sound and vision. But games aren't only for realism, they're also for excitement and adventure. People don't just want realism out of a game they want something interesting. This is where fantasy games and adventure games like Crash Bandicoot come in. It's not realistic, but very fun and exciting at first-play.
Look at the Nintendo, Sega and Playstation. How far they have come since they made their first console. Nintendo and Sega evolved from cartoony and flat graphics to 3D and great graphics, all due to new technology. Playstation went from 'OK' graphics to 'WOW' graphics (PS2) due to new technology. Now look who's come into the picture, technology legend, Bill Gates. He's due to release the new XBOX, which is said to be the closest thing to realism so far. Not surprisingly, as he is one of the people that creates all this better technology. Nintendo are also due to release their new Gamecube, which also looks fantastic!! The graphics are revolutionary when you look back at where Nintendo started.
As well as graphics we must look at the gameplay of these machines. Nintendo and Sega both started off with adventure games with practically the same gameplay and storyline. Fight off the enemy to save the 'Princess'. Then the Plasytation came in. It brought with it a variety of games and genres. It brought great/different racing, sports, adventure and action games from the recent Nintendo and Sega. But now Nintendo and Sega have both learnt from their mistakes and have improved their gameplay. Now Microsoft have joined the gaming industry of consoles, they have also learnt a thing or two from the recent consoles and signed on certain developers that produced games for these legendary consoles.
I'm sure you can see where this is all heading. As time goes by new ideas come around. These new ideas arrive to suit gaming fans needs. Both graphics and gameplay keep improving, so where's all this going to end? When the first ever console was made, no-one ever thought that games will be like they are today. This is exactly the same situation now. We all think that "Oh, this is it!", but soon enough we're going to be baffled by newer and better games. Games just keep getting better and there's no stopping it!!!
Wed 17/10/01 at 19:55
u would with that new ff game coming onto it.
Tue 16/10/01 at 22:44
"period drama"
but it's soooooooo expensive!

i'd rather have a ps2
Tue 16/10/01 at 18:30
*coughs* the PS2 has WOW graphics? since when? The most advanced PS2 games I've seen are GT3 (hardly that astounding) and Max Payne (Better on the PC). I appologise if I've offended anyone but the PC has always been and always will be a superior platform. THAT's the future of games.
Tue 16/10/01 at 15:23
Regular
the most realistic games are the most popula ever heard of street fighter? that is THE most popular and most played game ever. now your telling me that realism makes a good game ...well i cant remember what your wrote entirly because i fell asleep half way through
oh well just providing constructive critisimn
Sat 13/10/01 at 21:49
very good, I'm sure this is a very good post, I'm too tired to read it.
Sat 13/10/01 at 21:48
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Nice post...!

Hi, I'm Game... I don't thing we've met.
Sat 13/10/01 at 21:44
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
What do you think games will be like in the future? I have a clear idea of what games will be like in the future. Check this report!!!

Nowadays many popular gaming companies and developers are getting new ideas and finding newer technologies needed to improve the games and consoles they produce. So far they have done a great job of wooing gaming fans into the games industry, by creating new and never-seen-before games. The fact that really draws attention to people that like games is the realism. Realistic games (games that look real) are the best-selling games.
Football games today are being created to be as near to the real thing. Football fanatics are looking for football games that are realistic, meaning they look and play like the real thing. Nobody wants a game that isn't like the football that goes on on the Tele do they? No. They want to play football games that give a true feeling and definition of football.
Realism isn't the only factor that draws gaming fans, though. There is also the gameplay and the genre of the games. Many people nowadays have different interests in games. Some people like strategies,RPGs and so on. But the games that I think would make a difference in the future will be Sport/Simulations and action games, with RPGs running just behind. The reason I say this is because if people want realistic games they want games that are like real-life. Life is full of action and entertainment, but also fantasies, which is why RPGs will also make a difference in the near future. Strategy games will also be good for the future depending what kind of strategy. If its a battle strategy, yes. If its a unrealistic strategy, no.
What are games for? Games are there for entertainment, especially when you're bored. They're there for you to act things out in a different world (on your TV screen) that you can't in real life. That is why games are becoming more and more realistic today, to create a realistic atmosphere by sound and vision. But games aren't only for realism, they're also for excitement and adventure. People don't just want realism out of a game they want something interesting. This is where fantasy games and adventure games like Crash Bandicoot come in. It's not realistic, but very fun and exciting at first-play.
Look at the Nintendo, Sega and Playstation. How far they have come since they made their first console. Nintendo and Sega evolved from cartoony and flat graphics to 3D and great graphics, all due to new technology. Playstation went from 'OK' graphics to 'WOW' graphics (PS2) due to new technology. Now look who's come into the picture, technology legend, Bill Gates. He's due to release the new XBOX, which is said to be the closest thing to realism so far. Not surprisingly, as he is one of the people that creates all this better technology. Nintendo are also due to release their new Gamecube, which also looks fantastic!! The graphics are revolutionary when you look back at where Nintendo started.
As well as graphics we must look at the gameplay of these machines. Nintendo and Sega both started off with adventure games with practically the same gameplay and storyline. Fight off the enemy to save the 'Princess'. Then the Plasytation came in. It brought with it a variety of games and genres. It brought great/different racing, sports, adventure and action games from the recent Nintendo and Sega. But now Nintendo and Sega have both learnt from their mistakes and have improved their gameplay. Now Microsoft have joined the gaming industry of consoles, they have also learnt a thing or two from the recent consoles and signed on certain developers that produced games for these legendary consoles.
I'm sure you can see where this is all heading. As time goes by new ideas come around. These new ideas arrive to suit gaming fans needs. Both graphics and gameplay keep improving, so where's all this going to end? When the first ever console was made, no-one ever thought that games will be like they are today. This is exactly the same situation now. We all think that "Oh, this is it!", but soon enough we're going to be baffled by newer and better games. Games just keep getting better and there's no stopping it!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.