GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SOCOM Headset"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'SOCOM: US Navy Seals'.
Tue 01/07/03 at 11:13
Regular
Morning people, after finally finishing my college work i have all summer free, but i can't get the headset to work in multiplayer at all, it works fine in single player but everytime someone tries to speak in multiplayer it shows the icon but with a cross through it, my setup is using ICS, with windows 2000 and a belkin 5 port switch connected via ethernet, has anyone got any ideas? do i need a router? if so which ones work but are cheap? thanks!
Tue 01/07/03 at 11:13
Regular
"Touched!"
Morning people, after finally finishing my college work i have all summer free, but i can't get the headset to work in multiplayer at all, it works fine in single player but everytime someone tries to speak in multiplayer it shows the icon but with a cross through it, my setup is using ICS, with windows 2000 and a belkin 5 port switch connected via ethernet, has anyone got any ideas? do i need a router? if so which ones work but are cheap? thanks!
Tue 01/07/03 at 11:22
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Yeah the voice 'traffic' is not being passed straight to your PS2.

I had this when I used a router. Your set up is pretty complex, ICS and a switch??? I dunno anything about switches but you need to make sure all your firewalls and stuff are turned off.
Tue 01/07/03 at 11:28
Regular
"Touched!"
thing is, i don't have a firewall..what other ways can i connect up my PS2?
Tue 01/07/03 at 11:31
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Are you sure there isn't some kind of basic protection in Windows ICS? I thought I'd read about something like that.
Tue 01/07/03 at 11:34
Regular
"Touched!"
i'm not sure actually..
Tue 01/07/03 at 11:36
Regular
"  "
If your PS2 is connected to your PC, that means there is a straight cable to your PS2 from your PC. Simply connect this straight cable to the modem, as opposed to your PC and you can now straight connect like I did. :)
Tue 01/07/03 at 11:38
Regular
"Touched!"
i tried putting a cable from my PS2 straight into my modem but it didn't connect..do i have to reconfig my settings and do a test?
Tue 01/07/03 at 11:39
Regular
"Touched!"
I have two network cards in my PC..would i be able to connect the PS2 to the other one as opposed to running the cable through my switch?
Tue 01/07/03 at 11:44
Regular
"  "
Did you switch the modem off at the wall first?
Tue 01/07/03 at 11:48
Regular
"Touched!"
nope..how come you have to do that? also surely if i have to keep switching it off don't i have to do that everytime i play online? :( cos it sounds a hassle

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.