GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA3. Whoooooaaaaaaa!! Amazing Preview!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 13/10/01 at 19:22
Regular
Up until now I have heard a lot about GTA3 but not really seen many pictures at all so I went out and got Games Master Magazing because it had a huge feature review on GTA3 and I want it even more badly than before. All the pictures look absolutely brilliant. I need this game!

Rockstar really look like they have hit it big. They have made this an incredible 3quel to the GTA and GTA2 games which also were both really great. The game is a huge update on Driver really because you can get out of the car to do your dastardly deeds. But it is a lot safer staying inside your nicked car. As well as robbing cars you can deal drugs and blow up the police with huge bazookas. Waheyyy! There will also be around 50 vehicles. Another step up from previous versions.

COMPUTER AL

In the game some people will strangely attack you for no reason. Never mind. Just blow their heads off. The police cleverness has been updated as well according to Rockstar. The police set up car blockages to stop you. But if this happens all you have to do is get out of your car, pull out a huge gun and blow up the cars, get back in and drive through the hole you've made, running over some police in the process.

MISSIONS

At first, not many people try to complete the missions. It is more fun to go around and do as you please in the town so forget those missions and get out and cause some hell in town. Once you get to know the game a little better you will get into the missions and try and complete them. The missions are mad. You escape form police and try to get your act together as a hard, wanted criminal. Brilliant.

GREAT LITTLE DIFFERENCES

The game, as it is for PS2 has a brilliant difference in appearence from it's procedors on the PSX. It looks like, form new camera shots, that there will be a first person view, but this may only be on the FMV bit. But what this bit is about is the detail. The explosions look fantastic and the detail on people passing by's faces is stunning. Their faces move and all that kind of thing. Also, if you steal a taxi, you can charge them for the fair to get more money for your "kitty" (Anne Robinson style). Another feature, quite like the previous one, is when on a train you can go up to the front and kill the driver and control the train for yourself. This will prove to be great. I can't wait to try it out. The last thing in this section is that, if you are on a run from the coppers, and you nick a car you can take it to get spraypainted, so the cops don't know it is you. Cool or what?

LOOKS FROM NOW

This games really looks and plays the biz. Overall form looks so far I would give it 96% and 10/10 Absolutely amazing.

Thanks 4 reading, Afro.

Get out there and kill!
Sun 14/10/01 at 19:55
Regular
"WWJD"
it sound well good
Sun 14/10/01 at 19:50
Regular
"You Bum!!"
You can fly a plane too??I thought you could nick a boat
Sun 14/10/01 at 14:46
Regular
yeh i cant believe you can fly a plane in the game on one mission
Sun 14/10/01 at 14:44
Regular
yeh i now get OPs2 for the playable demo and dpends i might just get that now
Sun 14/10/01 at 14:37
Regular
"360: swfcman"
I use to read the POWER magazine, but that has stopped now i think, so i changed to PSW, ace DVD.

I also get Real Robots every 2 weeks. :)
Sun 14/10/01 at 14:33
I read the OPSM2 review of GTA3 and it was great. And one thing I didn't know was that you could be a real GTA veteran and put it in top down view, cool.

They didn't mention anything about slow down or pop up, so that should be good. But still no mention about FPV, but you can go into sniper mode which looks cool.

Cant wait.
Sun 14/10/01 at 14:29
Regular
yeh they did all they went on about was GC and that was it.
getting back to the subject GTA3 review in games master had some of the best pictures on it and i just cant believe the draw distance on it you can see for miles but on driver you can only see about 10metres ahead
Sun 14/10/01 at 14:08
NOM is Nintendo Official Magazine
it used to be good sort of like OPS2 but the last time i bought it all they did in the letters bit was diss PS2
Sun 14/10/01 at 14:03
I think its a magazine or something of that sort.

I dont know... What is NOM?
Sun 14/10/01 at 13:56
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Right...what is NOM please?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.