GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Martial Arts ?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 01/04/07 at 19:15
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Anyone currently learning any martial arts? Was thinking of taking one up to increase my fitness and add a bit of enjoyment to the fitness and strength training to go alongside my gym and rugby training.

What you learning and how enjoyable do you find it?
Looking for something that will be suitable for a beginner to get into that would also help build up on my strength and give me some self defence techniques should I ever need them.
Any recomendations?
Tue 24/04/07 at 17:10
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> Does Tai Chi count?

If you do it as the Chinese do it.. by practising it over a long time at the pace it's almost always seen.. then when you speed it up, it's unconsciously fluid, very quick, and looks pretty lethal.
Tue 24/04/07 at 16:51
Regular
I'm still in love with street fighting, it's great because there are no rules, no honour and you can get creative with weapons.
Tue 24/04/07 at 12:30
"possibly impossible"
Tae-Kwon-Do is excellent if you're looking for fitness and something enjoyable. Although general Taekwondo itself probably wouldn't protect you in the streets, a lot of Tae-Kwon-Do schools now run a mixed Martial Arts programme, which gives you self defence and a small amount of techniques from other disciplines.

That said, I haven't been for nearly 4 weeks as I've been ill or working, so hopefully I'll be starting back today, but it's always difficult to get back in to it after time off.
Mon 02/04/07 at 17:38
Regular
"8==="
Does Tai Chi count?

I have a DVD but have yet to give it a go. :D
Mon 02/04/07 at 16:07
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Good stuff.

Going to try find out what classses are run locally and then see which seems the most interesting.
Mon 02/04/07 at 14:24
Regular
"Lets Rock n Roll"
AliBoy wrote:
> Anyone currently learning any martial arts? Was thinking of
> taking one up to increase my fitness and add a bit of enjoyment
> to the fitness and strength training to go alongside my gym and
> rugby training.
>
> What you learning and how enjoyable do you find it?
> Looking for something that will be suitable for a beginner to
> get into that would also help build up on my strength and give
> me some self defence techniques should I ever need them.
> Any recomendations?

i started doin a form of karate a few months ago for the same reasons to increase my fitness. the style of karate it is, is Te-ashi-Do. i performed at my first grading bout a week ago and passed with a distingtion which was real confidence boost. my fitness has improved alot since takin it up as even the warm ups require a ceretain level of fitness. since each week the sensai varies the training and techniques it keeps it interesting, and doesnt make it an huge effort to attend each week. so yeah im all for it and would recommend taking up a martial art of some sort.
Sun 01/04/07 at 19:15
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Anyone currently learning any martial arts? Was thinking of taking one up to increase my fitness and add a bit of enjoyment to the fitness and strength training to go alongside my gym and rugby training.

What you learning and how enjoyable do you find it?
Looking for something that will be suitable for a beginner to get into that would also help build up on my strength and give me some self defence techniques should I ever need them.
Any recomendations?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.