GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"who wants more strategy games for xbox"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 01/07/03 at 23:39
Regular
I love strategy games but as my PC is slow i need to use my xbox, and there are not alot out or coming, so can you make them available soon game makers. Stuff like Age Of Empires ,Dynasty Tactics, Romance Of The Three Kindoms,and other top games please cos i need them for xbox. What do you think.
Wed 02/07/03 at 15:41
Regular
Get Rise Of Nations, it may be for the PC, but it only requires a 500 Mhz processor.

And it's WAY better than AgeOf Empires, though a lot more complicated, like a cross between Civilisation and Age Of Empires, made by Microsoft.
Wed 02/07/03 at 15:34
Regular
"Selected"
I think its to do with the fact you have to use a joypad as well. It'd be good if a mouse was created for the Xbox but you'd obviously need a keyboard as well. All this costs money and you don't want to pay about £50 for stuff you won't use all the time. I reckon thats why the SNES mouse was unpopular.

Someone should invent a perfect joypad/strategy game interface.
Wed 02/07/03 at 12:53
Regular
"A man with a stick"
It's a niche market on the console, that's why games like Commandos 2 and Age of Empires 2 never really make it in the top 10 when it's released on the consoles.

What developers need to do is design strategy games for console owners, much like Pikmin, because I think the majority of console gamers find PC strategy games too hard to enjoy. Their loss if you ask me :)

Also, you may be interested to know that Halo started off life as an RTS, old news but it's the first time I've heard of it.
Wed 02/07/03 at 12:16
Regular
""to many dead hero""
Totoro wrote:
> The thing is, the average console owner doesn't want a complex stategy
> game involving lots of thinking, they want instant action with guns,
> explosions and blood. It's a shame, but the lack of many console
> strategy games show there isn't a big enough market for it.
>
> The PC is a better suited system and the only real place to go if you
> like strategy games.

well i like that stuff to i mean i really excited about halo 2 but i need strategy
Wed 02/07/03 at 10:52
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
The thing is, the average console owner doesn't want a complex stategy game involving lots of thinking, they want instant action with guns, explosions and blood. It's a shame, but the lack of many console strategy games show there isn't a big enough market for it.

The PC is a better suited system and the only real place to go if you like strategy games.
Wed 02/07/03 at 10:48
Regular
""to many dead hero""
yea thats what i mean just think age of empires 16 players over live or dynasty warriors that would go nice
Wed 02/07/03 at 01:20
"I love yo... lamp."
I think that there is certainly a gap in the market for them. My PC is fairly slow as well and I can't play the latest games. I still have all the older classics like Command & Conquer and Red Alert, but I can't play C & C Generals. So an Xbox version would be appreciated. And of course strategy games could be played over Live.
Tue 01/07/03 at 23:39
Regular
""to many dead hero""
I love strategy games but as my PC is slow i need to use my xbox, and there are not alot out or coming, so can you make them available soon game makers. Stuff like Age Of Empires ,Dynasty Tactics, Romance Of The Three Kindoms,and other top games please cos i need them for xbox. What do you think.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.