GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Woah, like, totally radical dude!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 12/10/01 at 23:38
Regular
Dude, I really really really want this game!

Have you ever had the overwhelming urge to drive your MX-5 into a lamppost? Ever wondered what would happen if you drove a Lamborghini Diablo into a bus? Ever thought of just burning it through the intersections, not giving a flying monkeyís for what happens to your car/insurance/body?

Me too, but short of becoming immortal or stealing a NCAP crash test simulator, Iíve never really had the chance. But finally, with the immense power of the PS2, it is possible!

Anyone who has OPS2M #13 will probably have seen the video for this by now, and DUDE does it look fun! Basically, the idea is to get from A to B as fast as possible, while passing through C, D, E, etc. in the form of checkpoints. There are other racers as well competing against you, but what sets this game apart from the rest is the spectacular crashes. And when I say spectacular, I MEAN spectacular. Apparently it utilises real damage simulation physics used in NCAP theory tests in real time. Itís not watered down either, it actually IS the damage simulation engine. So, in theory, if you drove an MX-5 into a bus at 150mph in the game, it would be exactly the same in real life. This is the gameís key selling point, and does it sell it well! Throw in a two-player mode, and the possibilities for setting up your own spectacular stunts are endless!

Itís Outrun in 3D, and I thought G-Surfers sounded cool. Man, I love my PS2...
Mon 15/10/01 at 09:32
Regular
"not dead"
It does sound interesting.

I'm not a fan of regular drive as fast as you can around a lap driving games, so any extra features are the only things that would attract me to a driving game.

Crashing in to stuff might loose it's appeal though. I'm not sure about the long term level of interest in this feature, if the goal is to get to point A to B ASAP.

If the point of the game was to write-off your car in a variety of differnet ways, that might be fun!
Sat 13/10/01 at 12:35
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
NO, actually I've, umm, never really had that insane urge, t-to be honest...

This, err, game doesn't seem to appeal to me, for some weird reason...

I just want a GameCube...I want one...NOW!
Sat 13/10/01 at 12:25
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
Have you ever had the overwhelming urge to drive your MX-5 into a lamppost? Ever wondered what would happen if you drove a Lamborghini Diablo into a bus? Ever thought of just burning it through the intersections, not giving a flying monkeyís for what happens to your car/insurance/body?

Nope....Not really!! :-D
Sat 13/10/01 at 11:08
Regular
The slow motion action replays should be good. If it has them?
Fri 12/10/01 at 23:41
Regular
Dringo scans MSN, frown, checks time... checks msn again, frowns again.
Fri 12/10/01 at 23:38
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Dude, I really really really want this game!

Me too, but short of becoming immortal or stealing a NCAP crash test simulator, Iíve never really had the chance. But finally, with the immense power of the PS2, it is possible!

Anyone who has OPS2M #13 will probably have seen the video for this by now, and DUDE does it look fun! Basically, the idea is to get from A to B as fast as possible, while passing through C, D, E, etc. in the form of checkpoints. There are other racers as well competing against you, but what sets this game apart from the rest is the spectacular crashes. And when I say spectacular, I MEAN spectacular. Apparently it utilises real damage simulation physics used in NCAP theory tests in real time. Itís not watered down either, it actually IS the damage simulation engine. So, in theory, if you drove an MX-5 into a bus at 150mph in the game, it would be exactly the same in real life. This is the gameís key selling point, and does it sell it well! Throw in a two-player mode, and the possibilities for setting up your own spectacular stunts are endless!

Itís Outrun in 3D, and I thought G-Surfers sounded cool. Man, I love my PS2...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.