GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Celebrities"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 12/10/01 at 18:52
Regular
After reading the news story about a certain addition to smackdown Just Bring It (one Mr Fred Durst) I had a thought about games and celebrities. There are countless celebrities who in one way or another annoy and generally make people hate them. Usually it is split down the middle in that some like the celebrity and some hate them with a passion.
So why not take the idea further, have more games designed with this celebrity addition, maybe by adding them as special characters or having a full blown game dedicated entirely to smashing their faces in or causing them damage in some way.

First though was celebrity death-match, such a good program that could be made into a decent game, graphics could be better and the chances are it would be a very fun game which is what everyone wants out of a game. You could control your favourite celebrities to take on those you despise. Could be hours upon hours of fun as you SPEAR Britney or Smash up Bill gates.
So what do you think? Would you like to see something like this?

But that's not all, with games like Smackdown just Bring it, the options in the "Create a player" option are so good (well supposed to be) so maybe we could recreate visually people who look very similar to their real-life image, yes, I hear some of you cry, Finally I can set Carol Vorderman up for the "peoples Elbow" or rattle Dale Winton over the head with a steel chair. How many of you who buy this game actually see this as one thing you will need to do?

So what would be next in the fight on celebrities, with most you either love them or hate them, so the option in a game would need to be either control them or beat them. Sounds fair. So lets have some examples of games that could be popular with those who like to take your anger and frustration out on those celebrities.

First one up is from the idea given to me by one of the best flash games I have ever played, "Spear Britney" (Download it from shock comics now if you have never played it) Here we find miss Spears tied to a target and you get to launch spears at her in an attempt to do her damage. This game could be made better with the choice of more weapons and a range of celebrities to choose from.

Or how about a tekken style fighting game where celebrities come from all over the world in a battle to be the best, Jamie Oliver taking on the likes of Phil Mitchel, Pete Sampras or even someone like Jerry Springer. Problem will all these games is the list of celebrities that people would like to punish could go on and on and on so a certain number of wanted celebrities would need to be prepared first.

Now before you think I am sick and hate every celebrity around, I can assure you I am not sick and twisted and there are many celebrities that I do like.

The thing is celebrities are always in the public eye, everything they do is plastered on the papers and games like this would cause a whole lot of controversy so chances are we will never see games like this as the celebs just wouldn't allow it. Maybe more extras like Fred Durst in Smackdown JBI as they aren't getting to much of a kicking and do get to give as much as they receive (its fake too).
But imagine they did allow it and developers actually included them in it. What kind of things would we expect?

Mario no longer saving the princess, well instead saving the princess of pop Britney Spears from the evil clutches of Wario and Christina Aguillera. (Not sure of the spelling but you no who I mean, the one with that annoying screeching voice)

Climbing into the ring as Mike Tyson and punshing the living daylights out of Shane Ritchie or someone else who annoys you in games like Knockout kings (they contained Trevor Nelson,who?? Exactly WHO is Trevor Nelson, some guy of MTV apparently in the last game as a hidden character, we want someone we hate to beat up not some unknown guy). The choice of games could go on and on.

So which celebrities would you like to see next in a game? What kind of game would it be?

*Please note, I don't mean to offend anyone and if any celebrities read this (Yeah sure they will : ) ) I apologise if people do actually want to cause you harm in a game. *

Celebrities could have another possible use. Voices in games could be improved if the actor providing them was a bit better known. Sean Connery would be brill as his voice stands out, make a good villain in any game. (Except one based on the avengers film, that was PANTS!) So what famous actor would you like to provide a voice in games and in what games would you have them in?
Sat 13/10/01 at 23:42
Regular
christh ubank
those morons on CBBC
jeramy beadle
the guy inside mr blobby
mr blobby
jar jar
Sat 13/10/01 at 21:13
*Vorderman* See, that's how much I hate her.
Sat 13/10/01 at 21:09
Hey, I would love to knock Carol Voderman's brains out.
Sat 13/10/01 at 17:47
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
http://www.shockcomics.com/spearbritney/
Sat 13/10/01 at 17:39
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
Download it from shock comics now if you have never played it

Any one got an URL for that site please??? TA?

Umm, something like SHREK in a game would be good. The voices in that sound like something that would come from that character in real life (not to sure about the OGRE though, that voice shocked me, but I got used to it).

Game Developers could look at the characters in the game and find the BEST voice for it and find the celebrity whoose personality matches the character best. It would make the game more realistic.

Like in Black and White say. The good guy, Khazar (no offence Khazar, if about) he acts like a puff in game (you are encroaching upon my territory etc. when you need to borrow some scaffolds, and he has a huge deep and fierce voice.

Where as the super strong, fighting destructive ally Lethys, has a whiny puffy voice. Now that doesn't sound right??
Sat 13/10/01 at 17:32
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I would like to see the following included in a beat em-up game like smackdown JBI

The guy of changing rooms, lawrence or something like that
Dale Winton
Noel Edmons
The chick on you've been framed
Destinys child
Slip knot, Korn and any other poor bands.
Sat 13/10/01 at 15:25
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
I think they should incude Andre the giant as a bonus character, poor guy never got the chance to be 3D.
Fri 12/10/01 at 23:30
Regular
Jordan - in a "Feel 'Em Up".
Fri 12/10/01 at 20:48
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Arrr but Knickers can mean make or break for a game!

Why do you think Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, etc. do so well.

:)
Fri 12/10/01 at 20:22
"possibly impossible"
Of course, Ant, you also need to know whether they've included that all important part of clothing in the make-a-wrestler section.

Knickers.

(Ant now wishes he'd never started that particular thread...)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.