GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola and Dreamweaver"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 12/10/01 at 18:30
Regular
Does freoola support dreamweaver files? I had a look today and it didn't say it did, but maybe yiou've updated it or I didn't look into it fully, can someone answer me yes or no.
Sun 14/10/01 at 12:16
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
You need to upload them using an FTP program. Search for "ftp" at http://www.download.com . The program transfers it onto the server, and your website is viewable to the masses.

--however--

Dreamweaver's site manager contain an FTP program built in. You put in your server's details, it connnects and what's on your server appears opposite to all your files. Then, you just select all your files and click the little "up" button.

If you are using Freeola though, you will need to go into the "htdocs" directory on the server and put all your files there.

If this is a bit confusing, there's a tutorial for uploading somewhere on the Freeola support site. That will explain everything.
Sun 14/10/01 at 11:28
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
ok, thats very nice, sorry for being so rude, but even if they are .html 'pages' how do they load onto the server?
Sat 13/10/01 at 18:53
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
ZP's right.
Sat 13/10/01 at 13:50
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
When I uploaded my first DreamWeaver made website it worked fine!! Whaddya mean DreamWeaver files, there's no such thing....is there??

Mine always saves as HTML!!
Fri 12/10/01 at 21:45
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Well, that's me being an ignorant fool again, i'll have a look at the tutorials thing, + the cgi script may take a while, as i've only just started it. :)
Fri 12/10/01 at 19:45
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Dreamweaver's site manager is a built in FTP program. I suggest using the tutorial in the help file. That's what it's there for.

Freeola supports CGI Perl and PHP. Most CGI scripts are written in Perl but you might need to change the first line. Paste the script here and I'll have a look.
Fri 12/10/01 at 19:35
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
How do I upload them?
any server? cool, I guess alll I need to find is someone thats supports CGI scripts, thanks for your help.
Fri 12/10/01 at 19:18
Regular
"How Handy."
Stick em anywhere. Unlike Frontpage and all that crap, Dreamweaver just uses .htm files so everyone supports it.
Fri 12/10/01 at 19:03
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
So what server would you suggest I use for my webpage?
Fri 12/10/01 at 18:35
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Dreamweaver doesn't have files. It makes .mno files but they are for Dreamweaver only. Freeola couldn't do anything with them even if it knew how. Dreamweaver also makes .htm files, which means HTML, and that's not supported by Freeola, they are supported by the people that view it and I'm guessing that quite a large percentage of people have an HTML browser ;-).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.