GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Running a Trainer successfully!"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 31/03/07 at 12:42
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Trying to successfully run STALKER Trainer v6 for STALKER patch 1001. Trainer recognizes that game is running, but available options don't seem to function. Do you run trainer before loading or after loading the game. Does the DVD have any influence on its working or not working.

The game is so badly produced anyway, why bother asking for assistance? Slow loading, unnecessary information, poor response on a top spec rig for a new game, it's so old! Russian development team is probably to blame and THQ for taking it on. Unreal II, Doom 3, Prey beats this hands down. Thanks anyway.
Tue 08/05/07 at 20:19
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Thanks Vexxxed, will try your suggestion when I re-install stalker for the fourth time!!! Most trainers it seems run before running the game and then when in-game (STALKER here) press pause and select trainer options etc etc. I'll try running trainer, running game, alt-tab out and then running trainer again! Mods for Stalker seem to work, but multiple mods don't. Somewhere there must be console commands for 'cheating' as they're only the developer's commands for level tests etc - far easier and far more reliable. Once again thanks for your reply.
Mon 07/05/07 at 16:46
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
If it's of any help (which it probably isn't!), most of the trainers that I have experimented with usually have to be started before the game starts itself, and then "awoken" once the game has started by pressing a certain command set in the instructions/notes/readme file that comes with it.
Tue 17/04/07 at 17:13
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Thanks for the advice. I do agree that trainers are one form of 'cheating' a game, but they do allow a moment of calm when you can actually appreciate the game itself, u know scenery, exploration instead of finding your blissful reverie shattered by death etc. They are useful for second runs etc, but your comment about C&C3 is very valid indeed, not that I play that genre, but am aware of the concepts involved.
Mon 16/04/07 at 10:07
Regular
To be honest though, i wouldn't bother. Trainer remove ALL the fun from a game and as you mentioned this is already a chore to play. To be honest its cheating and if you have to use a trainer to get through a game either you are rubbish at gaming or the game has been so badly put together it is next to impossible to complete without one. I recently posted a cheat anbout a C&C3 trainer which reduces your power consumption to zero gives you instant build and 100,000 dollars when you press F5...... how long do you think the game will last if you use that???????
Mon 16/04/07 at 10:01
Regular
Trainers are notoriously hard to get to work. Make sure you have the right version for the patched version you have and then start the trainer after you load the game. You options should work ingame.
Sat 31/03/07 at 12:42
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Trying to successfully run STALKER Trainer v6 for STALKER patch 1001. Trainer recognizes that game is running, but available options don't seem to function. Do you run trainer before loading or after loading the game. Does the DVD have any influence on its working or not working.

The game is so badly produced anyway, why bother asking for assistance? Slow loading, unnecessary information, poor response on a top spec rig for a new game, it's so old! Russian development team is probably to blame and THQ for taking it on. Unreal II, Doom 3, Prey beats this hands down. Thanks anyway.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.