GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I GOT STEEL BATTALION"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Steel Battalion'.
Fri 04/07/03 at 23:31
Regular
ordered it.

Amazon have a few left.
Sun 06/07/03 at 21:11
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Xbox only, Steel Battalion as a word refers to the unit designation within the game - a squadron of mechs.
Sun 06/07/03 at 20:28
Regular
for the pc or xbox?
Sun 06/07/03 at 20:25
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Borat Sagdiyev wrote:
> what's a steel battalion? obviously something to do with tanks

It's a game developed by Capcom where the player takes control of a huge mech type thing, think of the ones in Mechassault but better, then give the graphics an anime/dark techno look, and the perspective is always from the cockpit of the mech. The highlight is the massive controller that comes with it and the pedals, plus the massive box it all comes in. Only 1500 were made for the UK and it looks like Amazon has gotten hold of some right now at http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ ASIN/B000083XHM/ref=sr_aps_videogames_1_1/ 202-2044896-6585450

They already fetch a high price on eBay and these that Amazon have may be the last ones available at retail, ever! Capcom confirms they will not be reissuing the controller EVER!

A sequel, lines of contact, is due next year and will include online play but will only be for those with the original game. Others can buy it, but they won't have the controller so it will be an expensive coaster...
Sun 06/07/03 at 20:00
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
It has a biiiiggggg controller.

And it's some game about mechs or something.

But biiigggggg controller.
Sun 06/07/03 at 18:38
Regular
what's a steel battalion? obviously something to do with tanks
Sun 06/07/03 at 18:36
Regular
"8==="
I would be more helpful but I'm knackered. My reviews sum up those games pretty well, but I'd check IGN too.
Sun 06/07/03 at 18:27
Regular
"I Feel Depressed!"
Cheers for the advise
Sun 06/07/03 at 18:19
Regular
"8==="
Alright, quick summaries:

Buffy: 1 player. Really good fighting system. The game Tomb Raider should've been (much more fighting, much less jumping crap).

Baldurs Gate & Serious Sam: Click on the 'stats' link under my name and read my Serious Sam and Baldurs Gate reviews.
Sun 06/07/03 at 18:15
Regular
"8==="
All completely different. Read some reviews.

Try WWW.IGN.COM
Sun 06/07/03 at 18:10
Regular
"I Feel Depressed!"
I know this is off of the subject but can someone tell me whats better: Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance
Buffy The Vampire Slayer
Serious Sam

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.