GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bad, Bad Game"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/10/01 at 20:41
Regular
The PS2 is very close to being one year old now, and has seen release to a lot of stunning games: Gran Turismo 3 to name one. And before the end of the year, even more stunning games are set to be released, such as the brilliant Devil May Cry.

But, with every console, comes the bad games, the games that really don't do a console justice. The PS2 is no different, with some truly bad games that really make the PS2 look shoddy and relly shows it up.

Now, for me, there have been quite a few games that fit into this category.

The first one(s), are the Army Men games. Why oh why did they bother. I don't remember any previous Army men game that was actually any good. These game really make the PS2 look bad. You'd think that 3DO would have been able to put the power of the PS2 to better use.

3DO did have a crack at other games, namely the two World Destruction League games. The first on released, WDL: Thunder Tanks wasn't too bad and had a good multiplayer mode, but the second, WDL: Warjets was just abismal. It looked like a Playstation title and played really really bad.

And how about those Might and Magic games. Once again we have games that make the PS2 look bad, and with the threat of the new 128-bit console looming, it doesn't really help now does it.

And there was a game that I didn't even know was being released, and I know why they didn't want us to know. The name is The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas. If you thought the film was bad, just play this. Yabba Yabba don't - ever buy this.

There are probably some more of these bad, bad games available, nicking your hard money in order to disappoint you.

Which of the PS2's currently available titles did you find ulimately tedious and feel that it makes the PS2 look bad?
Thu 11/10/01 at 20:41
The PS2 is very close to being one year old now, and has seen release to a lot of stunning games: Gran Turismo 3 to name one. And before the end of the year, even more stunning games are set to be released, such as the brilliant Devil May Cry.

But, with every console, comes the bad games, the games that really don't do a console justice. The PS2 is no different, with some truly bad games that really make the PS2 look shoddy and relly shows it up.

Now, for me, there have been quite a few games that fit into this category.

The first one(s), are the Army Men games. Why oh why did they bother. I don't remember any previous Army men game that was actually any good. These game really make the PS2 look bad. You'd think that 3DO would have been able to put the power of the PS2 to better use.

3DO did have a crack at other games, namely the two World Destruction League games. The first on released, WDL: Thunder Tanks wasn't too bad and had a good multiplayer mode, but the second, WDL: Warjets was just abismal. It looked like a Playstation title and played really really bad.

And how about those Might and Magic games. Once again we have games that make the PS2 look bad, and with the threat of the new 128-bit console looming, it doesn't really help now does it.

And there was a game that I didn't even know was being released, and I know why they didn't want us to know. The name is The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas. If you thought the film was bad, just play this. Yabba Yabba don't - ever buy this.

There are probably some more of these bad, bad games available, nicking your hard money in order to disappoint you.

Which of the PS2's currently available titles did you find ulimately tedious and feel that it makes the PS2 look bad?
Thu 11/10/01 at 21:02
Judging by the response, I presume that nobody agrees or has played any game that they feel is absolute pants.
Thu 11/10/01 at 21:02
The PS2 is a 128bit isn't it? It says so in its manual.
Thu 11/10/01 at 21:04
Triple Rhys wrote:
> The PS2 is a 128bit isn't it? It says so in its manual.

Yes, and your point is?
Thu 11/10/01 at 21:13
I found some games that make the PS2 look like a fat man getting slapped by a hÛÛker with saws on its face.

Army men
Dragons Lair
Eternal Ring
Silpheed: The Lost Planet
Sky Surfer
Jungle Book Groove Party
Warriors Of Might And Magic
World Destruction League: Warjetz

These are just a couple of crappy games that I found in OPSM2.

Cheers.
Thu 11/10/01 at 21:17
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Super Gohan wrote:
> Judging by the response, I presume that nobody agrees or has played any game
> that they feel is absolute pants.

Oh i do agree, i was sadly for some reason talked into buying Ready To rumble 2 which is so poor i cant believe it was a success, i too agree about the Army Men games. I had the privelage of playing a PS1 game and that put me off for life.

Also i bought orphan, this is another bad title, the graphics are good and the fights are nice too. But the plot is appaling.

All i can say is i hope the good games, and there is a lot of them will intrest more and more people, and i know they are, with the added bonus its only £200 now.

A good point you made too.
Thu 11/10/01 at 21:20
Good points you made too.

There are loads more awful games which i'll fill everyone in on tomorrow.
Thu 11/10/01 at 21:42
Regular
"Whatever!"
I havent really played any bad games as yet - However the demo of Driven was apalling I thought!!
Thu 11/10/01 at 21:48
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Yeah, that does look bad, along with Maximo and Flinstones racing.
Thu 11/10/01 at 21:50
Dont forget these lot they were appauling

Evergrace
Heroes Of Might And Magic
Hologram Time Traveller
International League Soccer

Oh my god!!!!!!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.