GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"You aint' played ntuhin' dawg!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/10/01 at 18:40
Regular
Have you ever made you ever embaresed your opponent so badly they cry, have you ever seen cats with 50' verticles, have you ever had such a rush as when you do when your playing basketball... Streetball style!

To all y'all cats that play basketball y'all know what i'm talkin' bout. y'all all know how good this sport is.
You name me one sport that has its own style... couldnt think hey. Well Stretball does!

Listen, y'all all chattin' about football which is cr@p. No offense, but you havnt played nuthin' since you play streetball.

Thats how OMS feels
one!
Sun 14/10/01 at 06:12
Regular
What do you think to MJ's return? I hear he's at the standard he left last time, though playing less minutes.

Taking just $1million/year will leave crazy room in the salary cap. This year i expect him to carry the (weak) team and rack up some stats (bigger numbers than if he had other players sharing more of the offense), then next season he'll have every free agent in the L wanting to play with him, and all the salary cap space to bring in the kind of squad that could tear up the playoffs.

Unless Isiah Rider starts working hard again, i can see the Lakers losing their 3rd scoring options, after Shaq and KB8 by the '02-'03 season. Still, if they are there, it'd be pretty interesting to see Phil Jackson going against Jordan for the championship.
Sat 13/10/01 at 15:35
Regular
"Hoo Har"
I agree wid' U Dr.D, but you said about Streetball being more orginised. Stretball is supposed to be unorginised where you can get away wid' the odd carry and all that s**t.

But most of you gotta get out more, especially that boy that said about dawg and cats. When was the last time you had a friend.
Peace
Fri 12/10/01 at 14:47
Regular
If i were to get back towards the original point;

Streetball doesn't look like going anywhere soon.
To get poular it needs far more outdoor courts, promotion, and more publicity and exposure of the organised game to create interest.

ITV sport's coverage really stinks this year. Little opportunity for people to be exposed to the game.

When adidas tried to promote streetball, it didn't do particularly well. Doesn't look like anyone'll be doing that again for a while.

The EBBA's OBI scheme (outdoor basketball initiative) has done a little to provide outdoor courts and facilities, but not nearly enough, and there's all but no governmental support. Thus, still not enough places to play.

Also, players need a better basic level of structured skills before taking to the streetball courts, or you just get clowns with their back to the basket and their heads down trying to protect their dribble, while the defenders' inability to play without hanging onto/reaching into/taking piggy-backs on the offence.
There aren't enough players able to show a silky jumpshot, lightning handle of '50"' hops to show what the game really can be played like, and create that excitement about the game.

Jordan's return will help create publicity for the game in the short term, but in the long term it'll probably hold back the development of the game's youth.
It doesn't look too great.
Fri 12/10/01 at 10:07
Regular
So we'll have soldiers crossed with Frogs that can jump 176feet into the air?

Cool.

Just don't give them any beans, or that number my increase slightly....

:-)
Fri 12/10/01 at 10:06
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Your Honour wrote:
There could be 50ft frogs about somewhere for all we
> know....

Yep, they could be in a holding pen in arizona for all we know, being tested on bone strength/body mass ratios for safe jumping heights as a preliminary for human testing to improve soldiers.

Damn, I've said too much....
Fri 12/10/01 at 10:04
Regular
"Bored, Bored, Bored"
Suppose they cop wherever the lily whites are large enough.
Fri 12/10/01 at 10:01
Regular
"Angry"
Well that can't be very nice for them can it?

Where do they sleep?
Fri 12/10/01 at 10:01
Regular
"Bored, Bored, Bored"
Aint no thang, that ofay is of the cob lady, that kind of pink really sends me.
Fri 12/10/01 at 09:59
Regular
Nan, now that there are all these Nuclear reactors about, new animals are being made every day!

There could be 50ft frogs about somewhere for all we know....
Fri 12/10/01 at 09:34
Regular
"Angry"
50ft cats?
Dawgs?

Are we under attack from gigantics domesticated animals now?
This is quite worrying.
It used to be that you knew where you were with animals, you ate them or wore them or stroked them.

But to think that there are 50ft Vertical cats playing "street ball" with "Dawgs".
Is that like Deputy Dawg?

I liked him. Not nearly as good as Noggin the Nog but still nice family entertainment.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.