GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Girlfriend (or Boyfriend)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/10/01 at 10:46
Regular
Moments of stupendous grandeour are often never witnessed. A problem that effects the whole gaming community. The magnificant becomes insignificant without the ability to share. This is why we love the ìBest scoresî lists published on the internet. To highlight our achievements can give us the pride and satisfaction that our egos require.

Over many years now, I have come to the conclusion that the luckiest gamers are the ones who can share this with their parners. A situation that I believe I am becoming closer to realising. Of course, it is incredibly unsociable to invite your beloved round to your place only to say ìYou have to see how quick my customised Skyline GT-R goes nowî . This is likely to mean that the only thing keeping you warm at night will be your quilt !

However, the latest consoles are now generating interest from their amazing graphics. ìAlone in the Darkî with the lights off was focusing my whole attention. As my heartbeat was racing, I did not notice my girlfriend entering the room. I was still playing when she sat down. When I realised that she had brought me a beer, I offered to turn the game off. But, NO. She was interested in what was going on. After a brief update of the story, she was now gripped as I panned my touch around another dark, dank room. When I did save it, she said that it was like watching a movie and really enjoyed trying to solve the puzzles. I stated that there were other such games available that we could buy and she suggested we get another this weekend. Hurrah ! I cried.

OK, it does not always work. When I pulled the amazing ìBS double Misty with UNETHICAL experimental airî on SSX, I still received the standard ìThatís nice, dearî whilst keeping her head firmly buried in her book but I think I may well have obtained a few extra game-playing hours per week. I will let you know if she starts playing more than me. Bring on Silent Hill 2 !!!!

Please send me your experiences in this subject !
Thu 11/10/01 at 10:46
Moments of stupendous grandeour are often never witnessed. A problem that effects the whole gaming community. The magnificant becomes insignificant without the ability to share. This is why we love the ìBest scoresî lists published on the internet. To highlight our achievements can give us the pride and satisfaction that our egos require.

Over many years now, I have come to the conclusion that the luckiest gamers are the ones who can share this with their parners. A situation that I believe I am becoming closer to realising. Of course, it is incredibly unsociable to invite your beloved round to your place only to say ìYou have to see how quick my customised Skyline GT-R goes nowî . This is likely to mean that the only thing keeping you warm at night will be your quilt !

However, the latest consoles are now generating interest from their amazing graphics. ìAlone in the Darkî with the lights off was focusing my whole attention. As my heartbeat was racing, I did not notice my girlfriend entering the room. I was still playing when she sat down. When I realised that she had brought me a beer, I offered to turn the game off. But, NO. She was interested in what was going on. After a brief update of the story, she was now gripped as I panned my touch around another dark, dank room. When I did save it, she said that it was like watching a movie and really enjoyed trying to solve the puzzles. I stated that there were other such games available that we could buy and she suggested we get another this weekend. Hurrah ! I cried.

OK, it does not always work. When I pulled the amazing ìBS double Misty with UNETHICAL experimental airî on SSX, I still received the standard ìThatís nice, dearî whilst keeping her head firmly buried in her book but I think I may well have obtained a few extra game-playing hours per week. I will let you know if she starts playing more than me. Bring on Silent Hill 2 !!!!

Please send me your experiences in this subject !
Thu 11/10/01 at 11:27
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
My girlfriend's better than me at Time Crisis, a game that involves shooting guns. Scary?
Thu 11/10/01 at 11:43
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
My wife sway in interest. Take GT3 for instance. No interets what so ever! There I am jumping up and down after slaughtering the opposition in an endurance race which has taken me a aeon to do and the response... "What's for dinner?" Or... "I thought the graphics were meant to look real?"... or even worse... "I've waited all night for that! When are we going to get jiggy?" Arghh!!

But then I buy SSX... A totally different story here... I get home and put it on while she's at work (She works nights) and have a quick play to get a feel for the game. After about an hour or so trying to break my neck in several different ways, I decide to go to bed ready for work the next morning... What happens?

I go to work as usual... On my return, who do I find staring at the screen screaming as she pulls of a 360 misty to grap 420 flip? The wife!! Who completes the game in less than a week? The wife? Who do I have to fight for the controller so i can try to remember how to play the damn thing?... you got it... The Wife!!

If only she could drive!! Or even get to grips with Q3A, but unfortubately she doesn't share the same passion as I do for killing things aimlessly or driving around in circles for hours raising cash to buy the next motor!!

I hate her innocence too... Why is it you can spend a lifetime learning all of the combos and special moves in DOA2 only to have the wife come along and kick your hide in two moves?

How is it that they don't understand the subtleties of high powered weaponry, sniping and camping yet can blow you away in under 10 seconds in TS?

I love my wife dearly, and enjoy sharing every moment with her, and what more could you ask for in a captive audience?

How I love battling with her for the Grenade launcer in TS, normally resulting in me getting my hide kicked... as she runs off laughing insainly!!

God help me when MGS2 arrives!! As she spends her wakking moments darting guards in the nuts for fun... I'm off now to hide the air gun before she gets any ideas!!
Thu 11/10/01 at 12:09
When your missus is better at shooting guns than you, you are in the "better not ask" category. She might be Nikita and have to kill you now that you have found out !

Combos in fight games are the most annoying. Whilst playing Killer Instinct Gold, my ex-girlfriend kicked my wimpy butt with an 18 move combo claiming "I was just pressing all the buttons together". I never repeated that move.
Thu 11/10/01 at 12:18
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
My girly whips me (not literally!) at Bust-a-Move 2. But I get my own back and wipe the floor with her at Track and Field.
Thu 11/10/01 at 12:40
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
If you want to beat button-bashing girls at fighting games, or any game for that matter, say the word "strip" in front of the game title.

I dont know why but they can be he best at anything until you include strip rules, and then they are useless!

After the pub one night a few came back to mine, and we were playing DOA2, and this girl kept winning all the time without knowing any moves. We put strip rules in, and all of a sudden she lost 17 odd games in a row!

Perhaps it's subliminal, and that they want to lose, but perhaps it's because the bloke has more of an incentive...
Thu 11/10/01 at 12:40
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
monkey_man wrote:
> My girly whips me (not literally!)

Allright for some.... :D
Thu 11/10/01 at 18:16
i never have a partner,they've either dumped me or cheated on me.
Thu 11/10/01 at 18:55
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
a-man5150 wrote:
> When your missus is better at shooting guns than you, you are in the
> "better not ask" category. She might be Nikita and have to kill you
> now that you have found out !

Combos in fight games are the most annoying.
> Whilst playing Killer Instinct Gold, my ex-girlfriend kicked my wimpy butt with
> an 18 move combo claiming "I was just pressing all the buttons
> together". I never repeated that move.

HEH, thats EXACTLY what my mum said when she pulled off some sweet looking move on killer instinct.

"Mum, how did you do that!"

"Dunno, just pressed all the buttons"

:o)
Thu 11/10/01 at 19:01
hah,sounds a bit like me.if ya dunno what 2 do,just smack them buttons like hell.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.