GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tonight"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/10/01 at 08:32
Regular
Tonight I'm going to see the Super Furry Animals at the Cambridge Corn Exchange.

SFA rule.
Thu 11/10/01 at 08:32
Regular
"not dead"
Tonight I'm going to see the Super Furry Animals at the Cambridge Corn Exchange.

SFA rule.
Thu 11/10/01 at 12:00
Regular
"Acid Casual"
And tomorrow I'm on the guest list to see SFA at Cardiff International Arena. Last night of the tour.

Yes, they rule.
Fri 12/10/01 at 09:36
Regular
"not dead"
Fantastic show last night, really showed the new album off. Fantastic use of video screens too, not sure Arold Schwarzanegger would appreciate use of the sample at the end there....

The Man Don't Give a Fu(n) was as strong as ever, now beginning with a looped sample "All governments are liars and murderers"

Fantastic songs. that sounded great live.

Some of the crowd got a bit peeved at them for choosing to do songs such as "Presidential Suite" and introducing it by saying something like "Here's a song about an egomaniac, bombing countries" and introducing 'Run Christian Run by saying "A song about mass suicide, murder and cults" - whilst on the video screens quotes from the Bible and other holy books were shown, as well as a tally of people murdered in their millions due to religion.

And they hammered out some of the more rocking songs too, including Calimero, which was an unexpected bonus.

Plus they kicked it off with Ice Hockey Hair, a song about the mullet.

Oh, and there was a 'drum off' between the Super Furries drummer, and the support act, who made all of the sounds himself, with his voice. That was cool.

They played for the best part of two hours and were top class.

Fantastic live performance, fantastic band.
Fri 12/10/01 at 09:40
Regular
"Angry"
That looped sample is Bill Hicks.
Nice to see he's still being recognised.

"All governments are liars and murderers. Here's my view on politics...'I think the puppet on the right shares my beliefs'...'I think the puppet on the left is more to my liking'...wait a minute, there's one guy holding both strings!"
Fri 12/10/01 at 09:44
Regular
"not dead"
The Fog Nan wrote:
> That looped sample is Bill Hicks.
Nice to see he's still being
> recognised.

Aren't you a little old for Hicks, love?
Fri 12/10/01 at 09:48
Regular
"Angry"
Not at all.
In my heyday, we used to go see Lenny Bruce perform on Sunset Strip in jazz clubs.
It was a shame he died, but that Mr Hicks had so much in common with him.

And he died too.

Shame.
Mon 15/10/01 at 12:12
Regular
"Acid Casual"
Top gig in Cardiff too. By the sound of things the setlist was pretty similar.

Managed to get an AAA pass which was cool - still paying the price for it 3 days on. SFA know how to lay on a good party even if you have to pay for some of the booze. Full ove B list welsh celebs puking up which is always amusing though...!

The intro video was cool - it was actually filmed with the band walking backwards but played in reverse to give the impression it was going forward..

Strange, cos I didn't think it was great on the album but 'Receptacle...' was the standout track for me.

Best Mindf*** Yet. Indeed, in more ways than one.
Mon 15/10/01 at 12:42
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Rings around The World sounds a bit too close to Status Quo "Rocking all over the world" for my comfort.
Mon 15/10/01 at 12:47
Regular
"not dead"
Goatboy wrote:
> Rings around The World sounds a bit too close to Status Quo "Rocking all
> over the world" for my comfort.

I think that's the idea of it. Every now and then they seem to like to sound like Quo, ever since Bad Behaviour on the first album.

Damn they are great.
Mon 15/10/01 at 13:02
Regular
"Acid Casual"
Bit gutted they only played God! Show me Magic off Fuzzy Logic, but I guess you can't have it all.

Could have done with playing Mountain People at the end instead of Gwreiddiau Dwfn but I guess you cant have everything.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.