GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What The?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 07/07/03 at 20:08
Regular
Have Nintendo finally gotten their head out of their arsés and realised that advertising sells games?

Watching the adverts on CNX I Must have seen 4 Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire adverts.

Lets hope it's the start of a new trend.
Sat 12/07/03 at 20:46
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
I have seen:

-Loads of adverts on CNX
-Mario Susnhine was plastered all over Bluewater when it was released
-Gameboy Player advert is in Gamespy
-Pop-ups on other sites linking to Ninto's website

Yay for Ninty.
Sat 12/07/03 at 17:53
Regular
"Master Chef - halo"
dooz2k2 wrote:
> not a 'nintendo' advert..but i saw a NOM advert on kerrang
> yesterday...i was quite suprised

NOM are often advertising music channels
Mon 07/07/03 at 23:08
Regular
That's a good point, I think I saw more Wind Waker adverts there than everywhere else put together, and come to think of it, I know few people who watch that channel and dislike Nintendo.

*Ponders*
Mon 07/07/03 at 22:58
Regular
CNX is one channel that they always seem to be advertising on, I saw loads of Wind Waker and Metroid adverts on there when they were released.

I guess it's probably because CNX shows mainly Jap cartoons and films, so they think their games will appeal to viewers.
Mon 07/07/03 at 21:26
Regular
"You! Obey the fist!"
not a 'nintendo' advert..but i saw a NOM advert on kerrang yesterday...i was quite suprised
Mon 07/07/03 at 20:52
Regular
The Pokemon one just shows the character of the box using a special attack or something, it's hardly 10 seconds long, but frequent enough for me to notice it.
Mon 07/07/03 at 20:37
Regular
Don't have CNX so I can't see them but I just saw the Donkey Kong Country advert and it's a load of crap! Seeing people dressed as monkeys or whatever that thing was will not sell games!
Mon 07/07/03 at 20:08
Regular
Have Nintendo finally gotten their head out of their arsés and realised that advertising sells games?

Watching the adverts on CNX I Must have seen 4 Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire adverts.

Lets hope it's the start of a new trend.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.