GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mortal Kombat (film)... why?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/07/03 at 00:51
Regular
Why, in Mortal Komat (the film):

-Does Goro (the 4 armed giant) only cling onto the cliff with one arm?

-Does Princess Kitana "help" Lui Kang by telling him to 'use the element that brings life'... if she was really trying to help him, she could have just said 'Use the bucket of water, fool!'

-Can the emperor (the most powerful man in the universe) not invade Earth until he has won 10 straight mortal kombats???

Sorry... come back from a pub crawl...

SonicRav
Tue 08/07/03 at 22:50
Regular
"Same as above^"
Borat Sagdiyev wrote:
> the second film is quite possibly the worst film ever made

I thought the second film was better than the first. The fights were more interesting and the story is deeper.

The series however IS the worst program ever made. Not even the fight scences are rateable.
Tue 08/07/03 at 22:43
Regular
"8==="
Why did both Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat concentrate mainly on story and have short fights instead of really good Jackie Chan/Bruce Lee ones?

Oh it's a movie on a fighting game so we'd better have short crap fights then.........

WHAT!?!!?
Tue 08/07/03 at 21:51
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
lol it's a foul thought aint it?
Tue 08/07/03 at 21:36
Regular
Cubist wrote:
> I didn't think water was the element that brings life myself. Another
> liquiod springs to mind though.

heh, if he threw that I'd have left the cinema :D
Tue 08/07/03 at 21:35
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
I didn't think water was the element that brings life myself. Another liquiod springs to mind though.
Tue 08/07/03 at 20:51
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Borat Sagdiyev wrote:
> the second film is quite possibly the worst film ever made

Ralph Bakshi's Lord of The Rings.
Tue 08/07/03 at 20:48
Regular
without sounding too geeky, I thought the story in the games was brilliant. well thought out, all characters interwoven, and with a really dark disturbing atmosphere.

then I watched the film and was unable to look at the game ever again, for fear of being reminded of that steaming pile of terd.

the second film is quite possibly the worst film ever made
Tue 08/07/03 at 13:06
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I never realised how funny Goro looked in this film until I saw it all again, on Channel 5. :)

He looks bad enough with those motionless, clearly un-realistic extra arms; but the fact that it was some Goomba-looking guy in a costume made it ten-times worse!

It was a good idea, the whole 'competing-towards-a-final' thing, but the actors were just... rubbish! Especially the one whole played Sonya when talking to what's-his-name about their "relationship", late-on.
Tue 08/07/03 at 02:16
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
The sequel is on this sunday i think.

Its not bad, but it isnt good.
Tue 08/07/03 at 01:37
Regular
===SONICRAV---> wrote:
> Why, in Mortal Komat (the film):

> -Can the emperor (the most powerful man in the universe) not invade
> Earth until he has won 10 straight mortal kombats???

Isnt he in a different realm and can only cross over (thorough some holy barrier or somthin) once he has won 10 times? I'm just guessin, i havnt seen the film in ages....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.