GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"whats with morrowind?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind'.
Wed 09/07/03 at 16:49
Regular
Have i been living under a huge gaming rock cos i've nevr realy heard of morrowind before? Just read a few reviews about it and it sounds cool? is it worth getting for the xbox?
Wed 09/07/03 at 23:07
Regular
I have owned it for about a month now, and have only played it three times. I got frustrated the first couple of times, and am finding it a slow starter.

I don't think its a bad game at all, and I look forward to playing it properly, I'm just going through a 'can't be assed' phase at the moment
Wed 09/07/03 at 21:04
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Same here.
>
> Morrowind just did nothing for me.
>
> Better end the discussion anyway, before Goatboy and his army of
> pixies try and lay the smackdown on me for not liking Morrowind.

*checks thread*

You should give yourself a pat on the back; you haven't used the word 'beardy' once :P
Wed 09/07/03 at 19:14
Regular
"8==="
Fair enough if you don't like it.

I like it, a lot of people like it.

I don't like most Sega games much but a lot of people really like those.

So there you go.

Different tastes.
Wed 09/07/03 at 19:13
Regular
"Laughingstock"
*incoming pixie*

No, Morrowind's not for everybody - in fact, no game is for everybody.
I can't stand beat'em ups. You could give me the greatest and most perfect beat'em up in the history of mankind, and I'd still think it was crap.
Wed 09/07/03 at 19:08
Regular
Same here.

Morrowind just did nothing for me.

Better end the discussion anyway, before Goatboy and his army of pixies try and lay the smackdown on me for not liking Morrowind.
Wed 09/07/03 at 19:06
Regular
"Unretired"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Depends what you class as fun I guess.

I suppose, I class 'Fun' as an interesting way to entertain myself while maintaining a happy mood. Some might class 'Fun' as excitement. Which Morrowind really isnt.
Wed 09/07/03 at 19:02
Regular
Depends what you class as fun I guess.
Wed 09/07/03 at 19:00
Regular
"Unretired"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> I found it incredibly dull, guess it's just an aquired taste.

It is Dull, but incredibly addictive and fun. Thats not a contradiction, its just pure fun without the excitement of loads of action. Fun in its purest, most entertaining form. (In a way only morrowind fans may understand!)
Wed 09/07/03 at 18:57
Regular
I found it incredibly dull, guess it's just an aquired taste.
Wed 09/07/03 at 16:59
Regular
"Laughingstock"
In a nutshell: it's brilliant.

Vast gameworld. You create your own character and play the game in the style that you want to. Hundreds of quests. Hours of gameplay. You can levitate. Walk on water. Plunder ancient ruins for treaure. Summon demons to aid you in combat.

I could go on and on.
One thing's for sure, if you can get beyond the slightly daunting beginning, you'll get your money's worth. I've been playing it for months, and I've still not seen and done everything.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.