GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I am only going to say this once: Gamespy"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 09/07/03 at 19:19
Regular
Everyone keeps on saying 'this system link has no online capability' etc.

From what I understand, if it's got system link you can use Gamespy to get it online by fooling it.

So that means Brute Force, Halo, Timesplitters2 and Serious Sam can be brought online.

I can't be bothered to tell everyone EVERY time about Gamespy. So this thread'll learn yer.....
Fri 11/07/03 at 12:30
Regular
"facepartyid prodigy"
Hedfix wrote:
> Afterall who wants a console that requires a PC to get all it's games
> online?

NO! Ya fool, I meant why can't they use the same method as xbconnect uses to fool the lan mode into playing online to make more games live capable! I mean it works perfectly on xbconnect most of the time, Im sure microsoft could adapt the technique to have it running smoothly
Fri 11/07/03 at 01:33
Regular
"8==="
Afterall who wants a console that requires a PC to get all it's games online?
Fri 11/07/03 at 01:32
Regular
"8==="
They wanted to shy away from the PC angle?
Thu 10/07/03 at 22:47
Regular
"facepartyid prodigy"
The confusing thing is if xbconnect can do it why can't xbox live! They could of launched with online multiplayer Halo!
Wed 09/07/03 at 20:17
Regular
"8==="
Okey doke. That thing too. But the point is made. System Link can equal online play.
Wed 09/07/03 at 20:15
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
You could use gamespy if you wanted unreliable software that's extremely likely to have spyware in it.

Otherwise, you could use Xbconnect.
Wed 09/07/03 at 19:33
Regular
"8==="
gamezfreak wrote:
> You said Gamespy three times.

"I knew you'd say that" (Judge Dredd)

Yeah. Mabye it should have been 'I'm only posting this once'.
Wed 09/07/03 at 19:24
Regular
You said Gamespy three times.
Wed 09/07/03 at 19:19
Regular
"8==="
Everyone keeps on saying 'this system link has no online capability' etc.

From what I understand, if it's got system link you can use Gamespy to get it online by fooling it.

So that means Brute Force, Halo, Timesplitters2 and Serious Sam can be brought online.

I can't be bothered to tell everyone EVERY time about Gamespy. So this thread'll learn yer.....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.