GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What's the best fighting game."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/07/03 at 08:31
Regular
Iv'e never really got into fighting games,but I want to try one out because I think I could get hooked onto them.

Which ones do people think are the best on the PS2,the two things i'm looking for are good pick up and play controls (I don't want to spend ages learning loads of combo's),and also decent graphics.

Cheers for any suggestions.
Thu 10/07/03 at 08:31
Regular
"thegodfather"
Iv'e never really got into fighting games,but I want to try one out because I think I could get hooked onto them.

Which ones do people think are the best on the PS2,the two things i'm looking for are good pick up and play controls (I don't want to spend ages learning loads of combo's),and also decent graphics.

Cheers for any suggestions.
Thu 10/07/03 at 09:17
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution.

That's Evolution, not the original... but it's easily the best. Better even than Soul Calibur 2 which is probably less satisfying (but is still spectacular)
Thu 10/07/03 at 09:18
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
P.S. just to clarify it for you VF4:Evo has three buttons (punch, kick and guard) and combos are not an integral part of the gameplay... but it has hundreds of flexible moves you can pull off with those three buttons.
Thu 10/07/03 at 10:04
Regular
"thegodfather"
Cheers Darwock,I'll rent it out and give it a go.
Thu 10/07/03 at 19:41
"period drama"
It depends, really.
If you love Tekken then it's Tekken 4 which is also great fun.
Virtua Fighter 4 (evo) is a bit more ... erm .... serious, detailed, something like that - takes longer to get into but more rewarding.
Soul Caliber 2 has swords, which is nice, and very good to play.

Those are the main three, but there's also Capcom vs SNK 2 which is a brilliant 2D fighter. And I love the 2D. Yummy.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.