GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Graphics?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 14/07/03 at 11:03
Regular
Does anybody think that the Graphics in specifically new Nintendo games are a bit of a mixed bag at the moment? I mean Killer 7 looks the d's b's as does Resident Evil 4. But Notable new and old Nintendo franchises Geist and in particular Star Fox look a bit naff.

I mean Geist could do with a bit of polish but Star Fox could do with a complete overhaul...

What's the chances of them getting better? After all developers establish graphics early on to get the hype machine going. If we can get games as good looking as Resident Evil 4, Star Wars: Rogue squadron 3 and F Zero GX we should really see some snazzy graphics in Star Fox and to some extent Geist.

Thoughts?
Mon 14/07/03 at 11:03
Regular
Does anybody think that the Graphics in specifically new Nintendo games are a bit of a mixed bag at the moment? I mean Killer 7 looks the d's b's as does Resident Evil 4. But Notable new and old Nintendo franchises Geist and in particular Star Fox look a bit naff.

I mean Geist could do with a bit of polish but Star Fox could do with a complete overhaul...

What's the chances of them getting better? After all developers establish graphics early on to get the hype machine going. If we can get games as good looking as Resident Evil 4, Star Wars: Rogue squadron 3 and F Zero GX we should really see some snazzy graphics in Star Fox and to some extent Geist.

Thoughts?
Mon 14/07/03 at 11:04
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
I've never even heard of Geist - what's it about?
Mon 14/07/03 at 11:10
Regular
Geist was a really, really early build. It was only showed as a brief representation of what the final game will play like.

Starfox has only been shown in multiplayer form, expect the single player to look a hell of a lot better.
Mon 14/07/03 at 11:31
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Is it me or does Geist work off the same premise as Messiah?
Mon 14/07/03 at 11:32
Regular
Never got to play it, but apparently it has a lot in common.
Mon 14/07/03 at 12:05
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> Is it me or does Geist work off the same premise as Messiah?

The single-player game sounds very similar to Messiah. Did Messiah have a four-player death match though?

And this isn't a rhetorical question.
Mon 14/07/03 at 13:07
Regular
Seeing as they're noth first videos/screens, I'm not too worried. Anyway, even though StarFox has rather bland environments, the charactermodels look great, especially fox, he almost looks real (well, the most real a fox with a gun can).

As for Geist, I'm sure they'll be a few nice animations of you taking over some guys mind, and the evil thingy that eats some guy looks quite good already.
Mon 14/07/03 at 17:58
Regular
I'm sure I heard somewhere that Nintendo were telling the development teams to get the gameplay right first, and work on the graphics later. It's a nice tactic when you want to make great games, but not so good when you want to generate hype early in production.
Mon 14/07/03 at 18:25
Regular
Yeah surly if they want to grab the public's attention they build a nice graphics engine first.

Star-fox multiplayer looks like Lylat Wars multiplayer... truly it does. And both are the big games scheduled for next year.
Mon 14/07/03 at 18:27
Regular
"8==="
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> Is it me or does Geist work off the same premise as Messiah?

It does seems similar.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.