GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wow, that's just creepy"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 25/03/07 at 23:23
Regular
Usually I try and describe what the thread is about in the title, but I had no idea how to do this one. =S

Comments guys? Make sure to read the bit at the end where they poll to see how many of these "daddy's girls" stick to their pledge. =)

----

No sex please, we're daddy's little girls Yahoo! News

WASHINGTON (AFP) - It has all the ingredients of a wedding. The proud tuxedo-clad father, the frosted white cake, the limousines and an exchange of vows.

But there is no groom and the girl in the long gown is no bride. She's daddy's little girl, there to take a vow of chastity.

In what is becoming a trend among conservative Christians in the United States, girls as young as nine are pledging to their fathers to remain virgins until they wed, in elaborate ceremonies dubbed "Purity Balls."

The gala affairs are intended to celebrate the father-daughter relationship.

The highlight is when the fathers and daughters exchange vows, with dad signing a covenant to protect his daughter's chastity by living an unblemished life and the daughter promising not to have sex until marriage.

Many fathers at the ceremonies also slip "purity rings" around the finger of their misty-eyed daughters or offer them "chastity bracelets" and other jewelry that the girls can entrust to their husbands on their wedding night.

Continued...
Wed 04/04/07 at 10:16
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I doubt that many of them will keep their "vows" up until they marry, it's not like their fathers can keep an eye on them 24/7.
Mon 26/03/07 at 11:13
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I think the problem is more that it seems something that a 9-11 year old would have very little idea about. It seems like something they'll just 'go along with' to keep their fathers happy.

And there doesn't seem to be any mention in the article of boys taking the pledge? So it's only the females purity that matters? I suppose God won't care about guys having sex out of wedlock because that's what guys do...? Meh, I dunno.

THen the article goes on to say the people who take these pledges are more likely to have more partners and to not take precations, but they'll probably be too scared to tell their parents if anything goes wrong (pregnancy/STD).

To me it just seems like something for the parents benefit rather than the childs, and surely it doesn't help either to make pledges about such things? The father pledges to live an 'unblemished life'... I'm guessing that means no affairs or whatnot... Surely this should be a pledge to the mans wife, not his daughter?

All just seems rather pointless to me. How about they pledge they'll still love their daughters even if they do end up having underage sex out of wedlock? Surely that'd be more reassuring and put much less pressure on the child.
Mon 26/03/07 at 10:32
"possibly impossible"
Interesting how as soon as we hear something different to our own ideas of how we should behave, it gets such a reaction. Who's to say this is any more wrong than going through a ceremony to commit to someone for life, then going off with someone else? Or a 12 year old getting pregnant through unprotected sex without it being planned?

Some cultures 'marry' at 12, others see sex as totally seperate to relationship. Who's right? Well, everyone in their own way.

As weird as this sounds, it could be just a reaction to the state of society or something with a deeper social or religious significance to the people taking part.
Mon 26/03/07 at 00:36
Regular
"Monochromatic"
What can you say about it, really?
Do these girls mothers not see that this ceremony is basically them marrying their dads? Do the dads not realise they're marrying their daughters? Are these people stupid?
Oh and look, George Bush even gets a mention to complete the stupidity circle.
Mon 26/03/07 at 00:30
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Like 9 year olds know what they want in regards to sex.

Wait for the hormones, oh no I made a deal with my dad!
because sex is inevitably a terrible thing, it being...a natural and beautiful function of humanity.
Sun 25/03/07 at 23:23
Regular
Usually I try and describe what the thread is about in the title, but I had no idea how to do this one. =S

Comments guys? Make sure to read the bit at the end where they poll to see how many of these "daddy's girls" stick to their pledge. =)

----

No sex please, we're daddy's little girls Yahoo! News

WASHINGTON (AFP) - It has all the ingredients of a wedding. The proud tuxedo-clad father, the frosted white cake, the limousines and an exchange of vows.

But there is no groom and the girl in the long gown is no bride. She's daddy's little girl, there to take a vow of chastity.

In what is becoming a trend among conservative Christians in the United States, girls as young as nine are pledging to their fathers to remain virgins until they wed, in elaborate ceremonies dubbed "Purity Balls."

The gala affairs are intended to celebrate the father-daughter relationship.

The highlight is when the fathers and daughters exchange vows, with dad signing a covenant to protect his daughter's chastity by living an unblemished life and the daughter promising not to have sex until marriage.

Many fathers at the ceremonies also slip "purity rings" around the finger of their misty-eyed daughters or offer them "chastity bracelets" and other jewelry that the girls can entrust to their husbands on their wedding night.

Continued...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.