GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Music mix-ups"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 25/03/07 at 14:15
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
We've all done it in the past at some point I bet. You're just happily doing whatever the hell you're doing, whistling a tune while you do. Then all of a sudden, you get to a part in said tune which sounds far too similar to another one, and you start whistling the other one unintentionally.

So what I want to know is, how often does this happen to you? And what tunes have you got mixed up in this fashion? And at what point in the tune?

Here are a few which I have got mixed up when whistling:
- Mario Kart 64 End Credits theme and "My HEart Will Go On" by Celine Dion
- 42ATC menu theme and Banjo Kazooie's Spiral Mountain theme
- The theme to Earnest Goes to Jail and "Pisstastic" in CBFD

You can probably tell by that list that I'm more into gaming than music. :)
Thu 05/04/07 at 17:27
Regular
"8==="
The Quantum Leap theme into the A-Team theme.
Thu 05/04/07 at 15:40
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Most Blue songs blend in together as well, the other half likes them and when she plays their CD's you can pretty much sing the lyrics to one song to the tune of another.
Tue 27/03/07 at 11:20
Regular
"lets go back"
If you have heard one John Williams song, you have heard them all.
Mon 26/03/07 at 22:06
Regular
"That's right!"
Glory to Braveheart.

Of course it helps that they were both composed by the same guy, and he's notorious for ripping off his own music, but still, every time without fail if I'm whistling the theme for Glory I'll end up doing Braveheart.

And yeah, all John Williams music goes together, I often whistle montages at work. My mate Steve joins in, everyone else nearby just looks puzzled.
Mon 26/03/07 at 10:36
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Geffdof wrote:
> The Superman theme and the Star Wars theme. Try singing one
> followed by the other. I always end up singing the same one
> twice, as do many people.

ah yes, the williams vortex!
i`ve tested this, and it`s possible to get into star wars from a LOT of classical music.

so far i`ve made seamless transistions into star wars from-

thunderbirds
monty python
jurassic park
indiana jones theme
Sun 25/03/07 at 16:18
Regular
"lets go back"
The Superman theme and the Star Wars theme. Try singing one followed by the other. I always end up singing the same one twice, as do many people.
Sun 25/03/07 at 15:53
Regular
Vermilion Pt 2 by Slipknot into Miracle by Foo Fighters
Sun 25/03/07 at 14:15
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
We've all done it in the past at some point I bet. You're just happily doing whatever the hell you're doing, whistling a tune while you do. Then all of a sudden, you get to a part in said tune which sounds far too similar to another one, and you start whistling the other one unintentionally.

So what I want to know is, how often does this happen to you? And what tunes have you got mixed up in this fashion? And at what point in the tune?

Here are a few which I have got mixed up when whistling:
- Mario Kart 64 End Credits theme and "My HEart Will Go On" by Celine Dion
- 42ATC menu theme and Banjo Kazooie's Spiral Mountain theme
- The theme to Earnest Goes to Jail and "Pisstastic" in CBFD

You can probably tell by that list that I'm more into gaming than music. :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.