GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"[Film] 300"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 25/03/07 at 13:43
Regular
""none""
After arriving at my nearest and greatest cinema, I took popcorn and slush in hand and entered the screening room, with the all mighty snacks in hand. I overcame the treacherous cheesy in-cinema ads. The film steadily began.

Excitement was drawing, as bits of the influential trailer that left trails in my mind were flickering.

The film rolls, and I start to see the computerized environment, which doesn’t look too obvious that it’s been done by a computer, which is a good thing. The environment looked pretty dull and gloomy, which I have to admit, was such a good choice, as it was done so well. It almost looked as a possible condition. A good assumption of how it would look in those times, I think. Overall I think the visuals looked really impressive, and were pulled off really well.

After the noticing the crisp scale of the design, I began to notice the strong sharp sound effects when the heavy Spartan spears clashed against the powerful Persians swords. *Cling* *Cling* *CLASH* I really couldn’t get enough of it. I just loved the sharp realistic sound of how the Persians shot their arrows through the sky and peeled through the air was really a satisfying sound. But what was better was the **Shiiing** sound of when the Spartans effortlessly blocked the frail arrows with their colossal shields. The sound really had a big impact in this movie, and played a big part, and it makes you feel like you were actually there!

The story was obviously the main part of the movie; if it wasn’t retold accurately it could have been a big flop on spot. So making this movie was a real risky gamble. But fortunately they hit the jackpot, and the movie was a great success. It was an accurate re-telling of the real story, but with a few side twists. Like big mythical animals, which were obviously not true, but were a good entertaining extra, which gave the movie more of an impact.

This movie is a hooking action-packed film with blood gore and a lot of violence. It’s not for the faint hearted at all. Better than I expected, in my opinion it’s a must see! And could help you if you missed on that boring history lesson.

300 - 8.5/10 Didn't disappoint, don't miss this one and wait for a pirated copy, because to get the full experience you need to watch this movie on the big screen.
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Sun 25/03/07 at 13:43
Regular
""none""
After arriving at my nearest and greatest cinema, I took popcorn and slush in hand and entered the screening room, with the all mighty snacks in hand. I overcame the treacherous cheesy in-cinema ads. The film steadily began.

Excitement was drawing, as bits of the influential trailer that left trails in my mind were flickering.

The film rolls, and I start to see the computerized environment, which doesn’t look too obvious that it’s been done by a computer, which is a good thing. The environment looked pretty dull and gloomy, which I have to admit, was such a good choice, as it was done so well. It almost looked as a possible condition. A good assumption of how it would look in those times, I think. Overall I think the visuals looked really impressive, and were pulled off really well.

After the noticing the crisp scale of the design, I began to notice the strong sharp sound effects when the heavy Spartan spears clashed against the powerful Persians swords. *Cling* *Cling* *CLASH* I really couldn’t get enough of it. I just loved the sharp realistic sound of how the Persians shot their arrows through the sky and peeled through the air was really a satisfying sound. But what was better was the **Shiiing** sound of when the Spartans effortlessly blocked the frail arrows with their colossal shields. The sound really had a big impact in this movie, and played a big part, and it makes you feel like you were actually there!

The story was obviously the main part of the movie; if it wasn’t retold accurately it could have been a big flop on spot. So making this movie was a real risky gamble. But fortunately they hit the jackpot, and the movie was a great success. It was an accurate re-telling of the real story, but with a few side twists. Like big mythical animals, which were obviously not true, but were a good entertaining extra, which gave the movie more of an impact.

This movie is a hooking action-packed film with blood gore and a lot of violence. It’s not for the faint hearted at all. Better than I expected, in my opinion it’s a must see! And could help you if you missed on that boring history lesson.

300 - 8.5/10 Didn't disappoint, don't miss this one and wait for a pirated copy, because to get the full experience you need to watch this movie on the big screen.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.