GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"EA's F1 2001"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 06/10/01 at 14:10
Regular
WOW, anyone seen this game :-D

The graphics look way better than gt3 and although it's a different style of racing this may be better.

The clouds form overhead before it rains, damage is immense,pit stops talk to you or sommin, rain,dust effects,online mode, AI's supposed to be good (something GT lacked) but it's just so real.

anyone else getting this?
res
Sat 06/10/01 at 14:10
Regular
"Back For Good"
WOW, anyone seen this game :-D

The graphics look way better than gt3 and although it's a different style of racing this may be better.

The clouds form overhead before it rains, damage is immense,pit stops talk to you or sommin, rain,dust effects,online mode, AI's supposed to be good (something GT lacked) but it's just so real.

anyone else getting this?
res
Sat 06/10/01 at 14:20
Regular
???? Graphics better than GT3 ????

Most mags say that this version of F1 2001, is better than the other, but not actually as graphically impressive. Its less sharp than the other.

From looking at the vid on PSM2`s DVD, it looked fairly hopeless to me. Fair enough it has lots of features such as those you mentioned, but I think the overall summing up was:

It`ll only keep the most dedicated F1 fans happy in the long term.

(Or something like that). Hire it for a quick blast maybe, but it isn`t a GT3 beater.
Sat 06/10/01 at 14:21
Regular
"Back For Good"
d'oh, it's already out isn't it
Sat 06/10/01 at 14:22
Regular
"Back For Good"
I haven't played it so can't really comment, but I was impressed :-)
Sat 06/10/01 at 14:28
Regular
Resvilfan wrote:
> d'oh, it's already out isn't it

Yup. Saw it in the shops today. Didn`t look that amazing. It was certainly PS2 standard, but not top of the bunch.
Sat 06/10/01 at 17:41
Regular
"You Bum!!"
I got Sonys F12001 so I aint buying any other F1 games.
Sat 06/10/01 at 17:43
Regular
"Whatever!"
Same here - Got Formula 1 2001 so dont need any more!!
Sat 06/10/01 at 18:43
Regular
I got F1 97. Thats enough for me.
Sat 06/10/01 at 20:10
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Im not really into F1 so none of the games have ever appealed to me, there is too much pit stop action to make it interesting for me.
Sun 07/10/01 at 09:07
Regular
"  "
Believe me F1 2001's graphics are as good as GT3's but it runs slightly slower. It's still better than scee's f1 and the ai is better. The damage is still only bit's flying off though and no crumples. There are loads of ace graphical touches too. Rubber marks appear on panels after scrapes with walls and the failers are good. U get oil leaks which mean low revs for u or big engine boom.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.