GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Blur"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Blur'.
Thu 29/04/10 at 13:29
Regular
Anyone else been playing the beta of this?

It's a great game. A kind of cross between PGR and Mario Kart. I've not pre-ordered a game for ages, but after putting hours into the demo, I've done just that with this one.
Thu 10/06/10 at 12:34
Regular
"Mooching around"
Bought it a few days ago. Having just completed the single player I can say it was the most challenging racing game I've played in a while. I found that, like mario kart, it's still too dependent on luck. If you have a bad first lap from being battered it can sometimes be impossible to get out of the mid grid. People up front get little attacks, people in the middle get hit by everything.

The multiplayer is still huge amounts of fun. Kept me and the boys locked in competition for hours. The only downside is the lack of tracks as far ad I can see, hopefully this may be remedied with some nice DLC.
Thu 06/05/10 at 13:45
Regular
I think there's going to be over 30 (or even 50?) in the final game.

I found the disconnecting thing a bit of an issue, but thankfully it didn't happen that often. Still it is a beta, and so hopefully all issues will be ironed out.

I actually find it more fun than Mario Kart. Certainly the Wii MK relies so much on luck, it's ridiculous. It's frustrating when you've lead for the first 2 1/2 laps, then get stitched up and come 6th. And it's unfulfilling having trawled round in 6th all race, to get a lucky power up at the end to take the win.

The powerups in Blur seem much more balanced, so a skilful player can still defend against a barrage of attacks. Plus, with non-random power ups, it's not down to luck.
Mon 03/05/10 at 19:41
Regular
"How Ironic"
I played abit of the beta (thanks to pete!). I didn't particularly like it that much. Mario Kart works because of the diversity of tracks. This seems like it would get boring very quickly though.
Mon 03/05/10 at 12:43
Regular
"benji"
i found the beta one of the best driving games for a long time and as a big pgr player i found it a great combo of need for speed and pgr with a added punch.
Thu 29/04/10 at 13:42
Regular
"And in last place.."
I tried the beta many times and it didn't work for me. I had a lot of bother trying to get a game started and then when it did I was kicked out after 10 seconds. Quite disappointing as I'm very curious about this one.
Thu 29/04/10 at 13:29
Regular
Anyone else been playing the beta of this?

It's a great game. A kind of cross between PGR and Mario Kart. I've not pre-ordered a game for ages, but after putting hours into the demo, I've done just that with this one.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.