GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Alien "Prequel" Next Year! (maybe)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/04/10 at 16:32
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
So it was officially announced last year that the new Alien film is going to be made. I must admit I missed this originally and have only come across news lately (thanks mainly a Butch mate of mine).

Although the director has said he will be working on it after Robin Hood (which is out now I think) and he hopes to have it out in late 2011. That's next year!!

The good news about this director? It's none other than Ridley Scott!! ......... Now whilst we can all (fairly) agree that most people enjoyed Aliens more, Scott's Alien was without a doubt a whole different calibre of Sci-Fi filming horror! Best choice for me.

So what do we know?

The movie is to be set in 2085, 30 years before Ripley (Weaver) is born.
The movie will focus on the (now) cult-famous "Space Jockey" race that are seen in the first movie, albeit briefly.
The Alien race will be re-designed to accomadate the earlier timeline (dodgy move....)
A strong female character will lead, with strong ties to the Weyland Corp. (shown in AvP)

(Main Source: Den of Geek)

Scott seems like he was the best choice for the project as you can see from this interview Ridley Scott Interview
Fri 30/04/10 at 12:31
Regular
"Embrace the Martian"
Nice round up there Warhunt, I would have to agree with your opinions of the Alien Quadrilogy + AvP additions.
Fri 30/04/10 at 12:24
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
I have yet to see a Ridley Scott film that is that bad. So it holds hope for me certainly....

Still unsure whether I am happy that the Aliens will be "different"..... He specifically said "redesigned" so maybe not that much.

As long as he doesn't do what AvP did and try to make them "cool" rather than horrifying. "Queens" french kissing pregnant women.... for Christ sake!

Alien worked because there was one xeno killing unarmed humans, Aliens worked because it showed what a hive can do properly.

Alien 3 didn't work, and Res. was ok for the new ideas primarily (especially the Xeno's swimming.... drool)

So we might go back to the scary, blood chilling new territory of A1. Glad to see LukeM seems to be as excited as I am now I know about it :D
Thu 29/04/10 at 10:12
"possibly impossible"
To be honest I think the prequel could go either way, as could the next AvP film.

I'm happy to give them a chance and hope they'll come up with something fresh but loyal to the original and good too.
Wed 28/04/10 at 21:19
Regular
"And in last place.."
Warhunt wrote:
> Well think of it this way. The "Aliens" we know are a
> result of the species impregnating humans. As you saw with AvP2
> (albeit in a crap punch-the-W-brothers-in-the-mouth kind of way)
> the xenomorphs spawn in different ways This was also backed up by
> the xenomorphs incredible sensitivity to the blood cloning
> techniques in Alien: Res.... Human reproductive organs...
>
> So what do the xenomorphs look like when breeding through the
> Space Jockeys (look at the size of them beasts!). Will every one
> born be a giant?
>
> Or do they (as standard) breed through a different species
> entirely.... who knows???

I'll own up now and say I've not seen AVP2 and can barely remember a thing about Res. Based on what you've said I take back what I said and I'll go away and stop showing my ignorance :)
Wed 28/04/10 at 18:31
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
LukeM wrote:
> Also to come "The Warriors" remake by the Scotts.
> Another cult classic!

This has made my week. I had heard rumours but nothing concrete yet.
Wed 28/04/10 at 18:08
Regular
"Embrace the Martian"
If Ridley Scott is as excited about this project as has been reported, then I'm excited too. I watched Tony Scott's remake of Pelham 123 the other day, brilliant!

Also to come "The Warriors" remake by the Scotts. Another cult classic!
Wed 28/04/10 at 17:01
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Well think of it this way. The "Aliens" we know are a result of the species impregnating humans. As you saw with AvP2 (albeit in a crap punch-the-W-brothers-in-the-mouth kind of way) the xenomorphs spawn in different ways This was also backed up by the xenomorphs incredible sensitivity to the blood cloning techniques in Alien: Res.... Human reproductive organs...

So what do the xenomorphs look like when breeding through the Space Jockeys (look at the size of them beasts!). Will every one born be a giant?

Or do they (as standard) breed through a different species entirely.... who knows???
Wed 28/04/10 at 16:51
Regular
"And in last place.."
A prequel of a classic makes me think Star Wars and the alarm bells start ringing but reading the interview gets my interest going.

I'm not sure finding out about the Space Jockey is going to add much to the series as a whole but I could be wrong. Let's hope it is a return to form either way.
Wed 28/04/10 at 16:32
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
So it was officially announced last year that the new Alien film is going to be made. I must admit I missed this originally and have only come across news lately (thanks mainly a Butch mate of mine).

Although the director has said he will be working on it after Robin Hood (which is out now I think) and he hopes to have it out in late 2011. That's next year!!

The good news about this director? It's none other than Ridley Scott!! ......... Now whilst we can all (fairly) agree that most people enjoyed Aliens more, Scott's Alien was without a doubt a whole different calibre of Sci-Fi filming horror! Best choice for me.

So what do we know?

The movie is to be set in 2085, 30 years before Ripley (Weaver) is born.
The movie will focus on the (now) cult-famous "Space Jockey" race that are seen in the first movie, albeit briefly.
The Alien race will be re-designed to accomadate the earlier timeline (dodgy move....)
A strong female character will lead, with strong ties to the Weyland Corp. (shown in AvP)

(Main Source: Den of Geek)

Scott seems like he was the best choice for the project as you can see from this interview Ridley Scott Interview

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.