GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2: Upcoming..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 05/10/01 at 20:22
Regular
Man, the PS2 rocks. I don't know what it is that gets me going about gaming. Wait a minute, yes I do! Its the PS2.

I've been digging into info, reviews and previews about the future of the Playstation2 and I must say it looks splendid. Already the power of this beautiful machine is showing. With such peripherals as "Mega Wega" Sound Boosters, Multi-taps, 8-16Mb memory cards and the upcoming Internet connection, its looking to be 'The Gaming Centre' for the world.

The very kind people at Sony have already cut the release price of £299.99 to £199.99 during the course of 11 months, which is sure to woo eager gamers into purchasing a PS2. What really gets on my nerves is the fact that I bought one for £299.99 when it was released and now they've reduced it by £100. I've flaming wasted £100. Anyway, its been worth it.

Its time for me to lay down some facts so you Playstation2 fanatics can be prepared for a gaming heaven.

There are some pretty lushus games due out this year. Let me recommend the best.

October
The smashing and imaginative 'Spy Hunter'

The totally addictive Time Crisis 2. Yippee!! A
game that uses a gun.

WTA Tour Tennis.(First PS2 Tennis game)

The Weakest Link. (The only game that
features a woman with a moustache)

Run Like Hell. (Fantastic Horror)

November
Age of Empires 2
Airblade
Capcom vs SNK. COME ON!!!
Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex. Uh, not another one.
Devil May Cry. A must get!
Fifa 2002. Please be different.
Half-Life
James Bond: Agent Under Fire. GREAT!!
Pro Evolution Soccer. YESSSSSS!
SSX Tricky. Mint!
Splashdown. Looks superb.
Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3. Too good!!!
WWF Smackdown:JBI. It just keeps getting better.
Simpsons Road Rage
Silent Hill 2. Looks too scary.
Wipeout Fusion. At Last

December
Burnout. Speed Thriller
Commandos 2
Deus Ex. Truly an Epic.
The Getaway. Said to be like Driver but better.
Max Payne. GET IN!!
Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX2. Wohoo!
No One Lives Forever. True.
Grand Theft Auto 3. Absolutely AMAZING!!!!!
State Of Emergency. Looks Great.
Metal Gear Solid 2. I really hope4!
Final Fantasy 10. Also hoping!

This is just the beginning of the PS2. Other great games such as Tomb Raider: Next Gen, Stuntmaster, Austin Powers 2002, Black and White, Colin McRae 3, David Beckham Soccer, Driver 3, Duke Nukem Forever, From Dusk Till Dawn, Dynasty Warriors 3, Final Fantasy 11, Maximo, Men In Black 2, Mike Tyson Boxing, Mission Impossible 2, Onimusha 2, Resident Evil 4, Soldier Of Fortune, Soul Calibur 2, Tekken 4, Tenchu 3, Terminator, The Thing, Ultimate Fighting Championship, The Matrix and Virtua Fighter 4 are all in line for the PS2.

The PS2 has a bright and superb future ahead of it because it is such a powerful machine and publishers now have a lot of good games they can produce to suit this establishment.

Keep it real my friends:-D
Sat 06/10/01 at 06:45
Regular
""
All WipEout gams are the best! I've only got WipEout for the N64 and WipEout 2097 for the PC!
Sat 06/10/01 at 02:03
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Nah, played both, WipEout 2097 is a classic.
Sat 06/10/01 at 00:33
"High polygon count"
Turbonutter wrote:
> I want WipEout Fusion so bad, I'm going to buy 2097 tomorrow!

Get Wip3out instead - it's the best one.
Fri 05/10/01 at 23:51
Regular
"360: swfcman"
I need Pro Evo soccer NOW!
Fri 05/10/01 at 23:50
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I want WipEout Fusion so bad, I'm going to buy 2097 tomorrow!
Fri 05/10/01 at 23:40
"High polygon count"
Mattyboy wrote:
> How do they expect us to pay for all these??

They're releasing GTA3 first to give you some ideas! ;-p
Fri 05/10/01 at 22:48
Regular
Quite a damn decent list there though.

Did everyone apart from me know they're making Austin Powers 3?

The subtitle is Goldmember.
Fri 05/10/01 at 22:43
Regular
Well, 99% are made by third party companies so theoretically, the can easily come to the Gamecube as well.

Only theoretically though...

The real world is a little different.

Capcom have said that they've got another game coming to the Gamecube - completely unrelated to Resident Evil or Street Fighter.

The Devil May Cry seems like a nice idea...
Fri 05/10/01 at 22:38
"period drama"
oh.
i forgot about GTA3D, it'll whup driver big time!
Fri 05/10/01 at 22:37
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
LOL @ Resi.

I must admit, the PS2 has some enlightening prospects when it comes down to games, doesn't it? I can confirm that around 10 of those games I want, and that 2 of them I can get because I'm as skint as someone very skint.

Hmm...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.