GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"iPhone 4"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 27/04/10 at 10:56
"Are you sure?"
Don't know if some of you have been following the iPhone 4 story...

BBC 20th April:
New 4G Apple iPhone 'found in bar' says Gizmodo website

BBC 27th April:
Gizmodo admit paying $5000 - police move in

Gizmodo:
Gizmodo's iPhone 4G story

:¬)
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 03/05/10 at 19:18
Regular
"benji"
The iphone 4g or so called rumours iphone HD will finally compete against the smart phone market. we can only hope they don't loose it in the progress. steve jobs hopefully will have gone all out at this years revealing summer .
Sat 01/05/10 at 18:10
"Are you sure?"
Adobe respond to Steve Jobs Flash open letter:

"He (Adobe man) said he found it "amusing" that Mr Jobs thought that Flash was a closed platform.

So do I :¬)

BBC link

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 30/04/10 at 16:20
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Machie wrote:
> Here are some links for Apple haters like Garin. ;-)

I've nothing against Apple, I just dislike the cult surrounding it. Unfortunately my ipod didnt come with the standard brainwashing video to convince me everything Apple does is perfect and that Steve Jobs is the messiah.

The thing with the Flash issue is that even if you accept everything Steve Jobs said to be 100% true, its still hypocracy on a huge scale given Apple's general attiude to "openness". And worst of all, its incredibly patronising to consumers. Basically hes saying consumers & developers are idiots, cant make choices for themselves and need Apple to dictate whats best for them.

Personally, I dont have any real problem with no flash on the iphone/ipod. I'm realistic, why should a company support technology that undermines their own business model and makes their life more difficult. For me, honesty goes along way. And Apple are demonstrating a complete lack of it here in my opinion.
Fri 30/04/10 at 16:10
Regular
Hmmm... wrote:
> Any news on legit alternatives to iTunes? - that always
> seems like a 'closed' system to me ;¬)
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> [s]Hmmm...[/s]

No but lots of tablet news.

iPad sells over a million units (3G available today)
JooJoo sells 64 units
Microsoft Courier cancelled (confirmed yesterday)
HP Windows 7 Slate cancelled (rumoured yesterday)

That just leaves the German made WePad and the Indian made Notion Ink Adam.
Fri 30/04/10 at 15:24
"Are you sure?"
Any news on legit alternatives to iTunes? - that always seems like a 'closed' system to me ;¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 30/04/10 at 11:37
Regular
Here are some links for Apple haters like Garin. ;-)

Microsoft: 'the future of the web is HTML5'

Flash is the new RealPlayer. Even the brand new "iPhone killer" HTC Incredible has trouble running Flash.

iPhone Finder Regrets His ‘Mistake’

So many haters were quick to attack Apple for calling the police, but it looks like he made no effort to give the phone to bar staff and apparently declined a friends offer to call Apple Care. He knew what he was doing and so did Gizmodo.
Thu 29/04/10 at 23:02
"possibly impossible"
Yes, alongside the windows logo, Sony, xbox and Wii ones. ;)

You don't want to know where the Freeola tattoo is...
Thu 29/04/10 at 21:20
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Got the Apple logo tattooed on your chest yet, pb? ;)
Thu 29/04/10 at 19:58
"possibly impossible"
Hmmm... wrote:
> ...and I thought some of you Apple fanbois would be interested in
> this! :¬)
>
>
>
> Jon Stewart Slams Apple Over Its Handling of Gizmodo Case -
> Appholes
> video

>
>
>
>
>
>
> [s]Hmmm...[/s]

On the one hand it's a massive reaction to a prototype being stolen, I'm sure Ford wouldn't go to the police for someone who paid for stolen plans to a secret car.

Why the police then decided to raid the editor's house is a bit strange unless they thought there were more than one prototype machines floating around.

Bad PR for Apple or just PR for Apple? Not sure.

The thing that makes me laugh the most is that this somehow makes any difference to some gadget that people go and buy. If it did then McDonalds would be dead, Sony would no longer be in business and Bill Gates would be working in a microchip processing plant on minimum wage by now...
Thu 29/04/10 at 19:46
"possibly impossible"
Hmmm... wrote:
> :¬)
>
>
>
> You have to laugh...
>
> Steve Jobs has just said "Flash is closed and
> proprietary
" - I've just 'tweeted' that does seem
> rather 'kettle/pot/black' coming from Apple!
>
>
>
> [s]Hmmm...[/s]
> @twitter

But Steve Jobs gives plenty of reasons why Flash shouldn't be used in the iPhone; battery live reduces due to video decoding, stifling creativity.

In a way it's like asking why Apple don't get Microsoft to write their web browsing tool...

For the user it's still frustrating, true, but I wonder if Flash will be overtaken soon by newer formats on the older websites to improve speed and efficiency anyway?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.