GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WANTED: XBOX 360 Wireless Adaptor"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 26/04/10 at 21:21
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
Does anyone on here fancy selling me theres?
Wed 28/04/10 at 14:54
"possibly impossible"
Tend to find the best place for Homeplugs is here .

That's the direct link to the Homeplugs I reviewed (or a version of) on the techy forums here, but most of the big names are pretty good.

I've used their site for quite a few bits and pieces now and they're pretty good so I can recommend them.
Wed 28/04/10 at 12:56
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
I used to do the whole Internet Connection Sharing thing from my 360 to my PC to my router. It was a horrible way to do things, which is why I bought the wireless adapter.
Wed 28/04/10 at 10:58
Regular
"THFC"
I know that a friend of mine used to use his laptop as the bridge, connect via cable from laptop to Xbox and the laptop was the wireless reciever, so he did not have to pay for a wireless adaptor..... i however paid £45 for mine lol (well £15 after a useful Amazon voucher from Freeola)
Wed 28/04/10 at 10:34
Regular
"hulagadoo"
No a wireless bridge would work. It doesn't use a USB connection, you connect the 360 to it using an ethernet cable and then the bridge will make it wireless.
Wed 28/04/10 at 07:58
Regular
"How Ironic"
But you can only use the Official Microsoft Adapter. They will not allow you to use any other. Any others will be incompatible.
Tue 27/04/10 at 19:43
Regular
"hulagadoo"
I didn't like my official wireless adapter, it constantly dropped the connection despite only being a room away where my laptop had a perfect signal.

You could try one of these... Clicky I used a similar thing on my ps2 back in the day. You can get one from ebay for around 25quid. There are other types which are cheaper I'm just being lazy.
Tue 27/04/10 at 17:14
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Always look for the preowned ones in Game/CEX/insert own alternative here.

They have a warranty and should be getting cheaper now, surely?
Tue 27/04/10 at 17:06
Regular
"How Ironic"
jubbamhc wrote:
>I think for the time being I will try and pick up a
> cheap wireless adaptor

You do know you can only use the Official Xbox one, which still sells from around £40 - 60. Personally, I prefer wires, as you'll never lose connection because it's direct. Wireless for me is too finicky.
Tue 27/04/10 at 12:17
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
jubbamhc wrote:
> Ill look into that Sonic, It seems quite expensive way of doing
> it though. I think for the time being I will try and pick up a
> cheap wireless adaptor, Butch do you still have yours that I can
> buy?

Sorry mate, it went to CEX with all my other 360 stuff when I get my PS3
Tue 27/04/10 at 10:54
Regular
"Embrace the Martian"
I'm actually looking for cheap home plugs at the moment, they keep popping up on Play.com, but as soon as pay day comes they get sold out!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.