GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Another Play-Asia question!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/07/03 at 21:53
Regular
I have just signed up for a new account, just incase Goblindirect are shut-down by Nintendo before F-Zero and Mario Golf are released, now i can be sure that Play-Asia will not be closed down (if this happens i have liksang.com) and i can get my games...

MY QUESTION'S ARE:

1.What shipping shall i use??
2.Will i have to pay Customs, how much for 1 game? etc.. and is this normally handed over at the front door?? (don't laugh)
3.Does my order come by a van and is dropped of at my home or do i have to go to my local post office to pick it up???

Probably stupid questions but i haven't used them before, thanks for any help in advance and any other information what i should know.
Mon 21/07/03 at 10:18
Regular
"  "
Bleeders wrote:
> m.o.t wrote:
> This might sound thick but what do you mean by Depot?? Royal Mail
> post
> my package through the front door?? If i can't pay custom tax then i
> have to pick it up at my local depot?? Is that a Royal Mail sorting
> office?? Thanks for answering. :)
>
> No, it's usually Parcel Force who would post your package. Well, they
> do round my way.

They are part of Royal Mail.
Fri 18/07/03 at 09:36
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
m.o.t wrote:
> This might sound thick but what do you mean by Depot?? Royal Mail post
> my package through the front door?? If i can't pay custom tax then i
> have to pick it up at my local depot?? Is that a Royal Mail sorting
> office?? Thanks for answering. :)

No, it's usually Parcel Force who would post your package. Well, they do round my way.
Fri 18/07/03 at 09:35
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Rightio.

How are you paying? If it's via PayPal, make sure your account has been verified, otherwise they won't take payment.

If you are paying by Credit Card, they may ask you to send by e-mail or fax scans of both sides of the card to avoid fraud.

Chances are, you might get hit by Customs when your package enters the country. But, there is a possibility that it might not, since I bought a Soul Calibur II Hori Stick, Wario Ware and GBA Player from Play-Asia and I didn't get hit for Customs.
Fri 18/07/03 at 09:24
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
This might sound thick but what do you mean by Depot?? Royal Mail post my package through the front door?? If i can't pay custom tax then i have to pick it up at my local depot?? Is that a Royal Mail sorting office?? Thanks for answering. :)
Fri 18/07/03 at 00:30
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
When i had to pay customs there was a nice big red sticker on my envelope saying anything worth more than £18 which has been marked as merchandise is liable for customs tax.
Thu 17/07/03 at 22:55
Regular
m.o.t wrote:
> 1.What shipping shall i use??

I'd go for the cheapest. My stuff came well enough packaged.
If you want to make sure that it turns up in top condition (it has a long way to travel), look for something a bit pricier. But normal should be fine.
You can get insured shipping, but last time I ordered, the company guaranteed delivery of all orders, refund/replacement if it didn't turn up. So the extra insurance isn't really necessary.

> 2.Will i have to pay Customs, how much for 1 game? etc.. and is this
> normally handed over at the front door?? (don't laugh)

Officially, customs will be charged on parcels of value over somthing (£40, I think). It isn't always asked for, but you should be prepared to pay it. Check rates for youself, I can't remember (play-asia/lik sang may tell you or link to somewhere that will. If not.. post office / government web sites? It sounds like a lot of searching, but I remember that I found the details relatively easily when I looked. I just can't remember them).

I think if you can't pay at the door you can collect the thing at a depot later. Or you might just get an invoice to pay later.
Not sure on that one, but if you make sure you *Can* pay then you'll be fine.

> 3.Does my order come by a van and is dropped of at my home or do i
> have to go to my local post office to pick it up???

It'll depend what shipping you use. Normal stuff just comes via royal mail, and will be delivered / held at a depot just like any other parcel.
Thu 17/07/03 at 21:53
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
I have just signed up for a new account, just incase Goblindirect are shut-down by Nintendo before F-Zero and Mario Golf are released, now i can be sure that Play-Asia will not be closed down (if this happens i have liksang.com) and i can get my games...

MY QUESTION'S ARE:

1.What shipping shall i use??
2.Will i have to pay Customs, how much for 1 game? etc.. and is this normally handed over at the front door?? (don't laugh)
3.Does my order come by a van and is dropped of at my home or do i have to go to my local post office to pick it up???

Probably stupid questions but i haven't used them before, thanks for any help in advance and any other information what i should know.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.