GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"having trouble with morrowind"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind'.
Sun 20/07/03 at 17:56
Regular
Ive finally got a new graphics card so that i can play morrowind on but im still hvaing problems. the frame rate is extremely jumpy when im not inside a building. Ive got a NVIDIA GEFORCE 4 mx440 and a pentium 3 proccecor. I have just downloaded the latest driver and im still not smoothing out the gameplay. Does anyone else have the same problem or does anyone know how to solve it?
Tue 22/07/03 at 21:29
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
And before you go 'but I have a GeForce 4' - the Geforce 3 range is superior to anything in the GF4 MX range.
Tue 22/07/03 at 21:27
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
To run optimally the game should have a good DirectX8 graphics card (GF3, R8500 etc.) and a 1.5GHz+ CPU. 512mb RAM is probably recommended too.

It's a very demanding game.
Tue 22/07/03 at 20:11
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
Cheers venombyte. Ill have a go at that right away. Yeah most of that stuff is in the technical support option on the disc but netherless it is worth a try. i have 384 mb ram! there shouldnt be too much holding it back but it is still having problems.
Mon 21/07/03 at 22:30
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
I just remember reading in a review there were some performance issues to do with the CD drive, but that was a long time ago, so one would imagine it likely that an official patch would have fixed that.

Is it really wise to give out your MSN on a public forum like this? I mean, there are a lot of nutcases around. Myself for instance.
Mon 21/07/03 at 21:21
Regular
"smile, it's free"
That may or may not be the case...

I can't go telling people where to get such a patch, though.

On a completely and utterly unrelated note, if anyone wants my MSN to ask me questions or anything, it's [email protected]
Mon 21/07/03 at 21:09
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
I heard with Morrowind you could get some appauling performance due to some kind of disc read problems, which could be 'fixed' by a no-CD 'patch'. But maybe they already have fixed that in an official patch?
Mon 21/07/03 at 21:01
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Morrowind is a power-hungry beast of a game. I'm using the same graphics card as you, but with a 600Mhz Celeron processor. It's jumpy in ourdoors areas. How much RAM do you have?

Unfortunately it's not a driver or compatability problem. The Geforce series, and the MX440 in particular, are 100% compatable with Morrowind.

There are only a few remedies.

1) Reduce the resolution you're running the game at. It can go as low as 640x480, and still loooks repectable at that.

2) Reduce the draw distance. You'll find this in the options settings, along with...

3) Real-time shadows and any other snazzy effects off. They don't have as much impact as resolution or draw distance reduction though.

If you want any more info, the best place to look is the tech support forums on the official site. www.elderscrolls.com

I suspect you'll be told exactly what I've already mentioned though.
Sun 20/07/03 at 17:56
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
Ive finally got a new graphics card so that i can play morrowind on but im still hvaing problems. the frame rate is extremely jumpy when im not inside a building. Ive got a NVIDIA GEFORCE 4 mx440 and a pentium 3 proccecor. I have just downloaded the latest driver and im still not smoothing out the gameplay. Does anyone else have the same problem or does anyone know how to solve it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.