GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ps2 going dvd rom"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 04/10/01 at 21:15
Regular
Ive been looking around game shops and noticed that most of the new games are coming out on DVD rom no matter the genre but especially adventure games. By the way has any of you got a demo of THIS IS FOOTBALL 2002 from Sony, well guess what it is on DVD rom and yet it is a demo of one game only. So this could mean that the cost of producing games on DVD is cheaper than before. And it looks like soon all PS2 games will be on DVD.
Fri 05/10/01 at 20:25
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
I think the main reason sony are starting to put games on DVD as it makes pirating them a lot more expensive, yet it doesn't cost sony much more to make them in the factory.
So thats another good thing!
Thu 04/10/01 at 22:34
Regular
"360: swfcman"
OrÜega wrote:
> yeah cool, i hate those damn CDs...they are sooo damn noisy!

Yeah, i occasionally play Fifa 2001 and boy does that make a racket! I have to turn the TV volume up really loud to drown out the noise. Im just gratefull this does not happen when watching DVD's, that would be bad.
Thu 04/10/01 at 22:03
Regular
"Touched!"
yeah i hate the noise on certain games too, DVD's will be used for all games as they hold a massive amount of data
Thu 04/10/01 at 21:55
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Yeah, thats true. Soon all PS2 games will be on DVD. Thats great for us gamers
Thu 04/10/01 at 21:37
Regular
yeah cool, i hate those damn CDs...they are sooo damn noisy!
Thu 04/10/01 at 21:15
Regular
Ive been looking around game shops and noticed that most of the new games are coming out on DVD rom no matter the genre but especially adventure games. By the way has any of you got a demo of THIS IS FOOTBALL 2002 from Sony, well guess what it is on DVD rom and yet it is a demo of one game only. So this could mean that the cost of producing games on DVD is cheaper than before. And it looks like soon all PS2 games will be on DVD.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.