GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lending"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 20/07/03 at 20:18
Regular
Do any of you lend out your games and DVDs and stuff easily?

I ask this because my uncle came over to visit my parents yesterday, and after playing the PS2 with my little cousin for a while he asked me if he could lend one of my games. He had to go so I thought I'd be nice and lend him one of my games (I have plenty), but then I remembered we were having a party soon, which usually means some more of my good relatives come over and they always enjoy playing my games. Most of the games I have are good for multiplay, so I was sort of forced to turn down the offer to my little cousin. Then he started to plead, puppy dog eyes and everything, saying he's always bored at home and only has two games. I felt sorry for the kid, and every time he conjurred up another damn good reason to borrow one of my games, I would rethink my decision.

But I finally stuck and didn't lend him any of my games. I probably would have if I saw him more often, but what with family coming over I didn't want to risk missing out on good multiplayer fun.

What would you have done?
Sun 20/07/03 at 20:18
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Do any of you lend out your games and DVDs and stuff easily?

I ask this because my uncle came over to visit my parents yesterday, and after playing the PS2 with my little cousin for a while he asked me if he could lend one of my games. He had to go so I thought I'd be nice and lend him one of my games (I have plenty), but then I remembered we were having a party soon, which usually means some more of my good relatives come over and they always enjoy playing my games. Most of the games I have are good for multiplay, so I was sort of forced to turn down the offer to my little cousin. Then he started to plead, puppy dog eyes and everything, saying he's always bored at home and only has two games. I felt sorry for the kid, and every time he conjurred up another damn good reason to borrow one of my games, I would rethink my decision.

But I finally stuck and didn't lend him any of my games. I probably would have if I saw him more often, but what with family coming over I didn't want to risk missing out on good multiplayer fun.

What would you have done?
Sun 20/07/03 at 20:20
Regular
"Hmmm....."
I lend people my stuff, but only the ones I know will bring it back and in the same condition as it were.
Sun 20/07/03 at 20:22
Regular
"8==="
Not lent the game either. :P
Sun 20/07/03 at 20:24
Regular
"joypadjunkies.com"
I would lend out my games too, ive thousands of them so its not as if i would miss it. Everyone is different though is you dont see this person an awful lot fair enuff. Maybe i would not lend one to someone i did not see often.
Sun 20/07/03 at 21:02
Regular
i used to lend things readily, but had a few experiences with not getting stuff back for many months, and in some cases never.

so now I'm a bit more wary about it
Sun 20/07/03 at 21:09
I don't lend games, I rent, another way of making easy money!!
Sun 20/07/03 at 21:10
Regular
"the burning sky"
You say you worry about lending games out for months at a time, i borrowed 2 cube games off my mate, and i have had them since the cube launched, i think he has forgotten :P I have also got CivII, i know i borrowed it from someone, but i dont know who... but i have had it for well over 5 years!! That just makes me sound bad doesnt it!?!?!
Sun 20/07/03 at 21:13
I don't think so, you should wait until someone says they have lent a game out and can not remember who!!
Sun 20/07/03 at 21:16
Regular
"It's been a while.."
SilverMerc (Richkid18) wrote:
> I don't lend games, I rent, another way of making easy money!!

so you got to be one of the top 30 richest kids in Britain b y renting games? might have to give that a go

*gets out notebook and pencil and puts cigar in mouth*
Sun 20/07/03 at 21:18
It works!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.