GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"[Comics] Marvel Zombies - collected hardback."

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/03/07 at 23:06
Regular
"Braaains"
With great power comes the urge to devour the flesh of the living. At least that's the way that Marvel Zombies tells it. This five issue comic book series, now available as a single graphic novel, takes place in alternate universe where Spiderman, Iron Man and pretty much every single other Marvel Comics hero or mutant has joined the ranks of the undead thanks to a mysterious virus. Not the shuffling shambling kind, mind you. No, the Marvel Zombies retain their intelligence and most of their superpowers, they just hunger for human flesh. So it's not surprising they managed to make pretty quick work of devouring the living inhabitants of the planet. And as the book starts, they're pretty damn hungry and wondering just what the hell it is they're supposed to do now.

Written by Robert Kirkman, creator of The Walking Dead series, Marvel Zombies shuns normal creative convention by focusing not on the zombies victims but the undead superheroes themselves. Whether or not you're a fan of zombie literature and movies, you can't deny that seeing the former heroes of the Marvel universe as hungry undead cannibals is a hell of a
twist. So much so that there's a Marvel Zombies VS Army of Darkness series coming up soon, but that's another story. I don't want to give away to much about what goes in Marvel Zombies but suffice to say it'll have you grinning and going 'that's gross' in equal measures. And the artwork is absolutely superb, the book also featuring a collection of zombie based copies of actual Marvel covers.

The only criticsm I have of the book is that it's a hardback. Granted, it's not unusual for a hardback version of a popular comic to be be printed, but there have now been three hardback versions of Marvel Zombies. There was supposed to be a paperback last year, but it got pushed back to make way for another hardback. Which is, unsurprisingly, about twice the price of a typical paperback. But I loved the original comics so much I picked it up anyway. If you have even the slightest interest in the Marvel Comics heroes or zombies then you'll love Marvel Zombies. You might even find yourself rooting for these twisted versions of your favourite heroes. And they'd love to have you over for dinner.
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Fri 23/03/07 at 23:06
Regular
"Braaains"
With great power comes the urge to devour the flesh of the living. At least that's the way that Marvel Zombies tells it. This five issue comic book series, now available as a single graphic novel, takes place in alternate universe where Spiderman, Iron Man and pretty much every single other Marvel Comics hero or mutant has joined the ranks of the undead thanks to a mysterious virus. Not the shuffling shambling kind, mind you. No, the Marvel Zombies retain their intelligence and most of their superpowers, they just hunger for human flesh. So it's not surprising they managed to make pretty quick work of devouring the living inhabitants of the planet. And as the book starts, they're pretty damn hungry and wondering just what the hell it is they're supposed to do now.

Written by Robert Kirkman, creator of The Walking Dead series, Marvel Zombies shuns normal creative convention by focusing not on the zombies victims but the undead superheroes themselves. Whether or not you're a fan of zombie literature and movies, you can't deny that seeing the former heroes of the Marvel universe as hungry undead cannibals is a hell of a
twist. So much so that there's a Marvel Zombies VS Army of Darkness series coming up soon, but that's another story. I don't want to give away to much about what goes in Marvel Zombies but suffice to say it'll have you grinning and going 'that's gross' in equal measures. And the artwork is absolutely superb, the book also featuring a collection of zombie based copies of actual Marvel covers.

The only criticsm I have of the book is that it's a hardback. Granted, it's not unusual for a hardback version of a popular comic to be be printed, but there have now been three hardback versions of Marvel Zombies. There was supposed to be a paperback last year, but it got pushed back to make way for another hardback. Which is, unsurprisingly, about twice the price of a typical paperback. But I loved the original comics so much I picked it up anyway. If you have even the slightest interest in the Marvel Comics heroes or zombies then you'll love Marvel Zombies. You might even find yourself rooting for these twisted versions of your favourite heroes. And they'd love to have you over for dinner.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.