GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"TV Ads"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 21/07/03 at 13:23
Regular
Has anyone seen the latest Fosters Ad, where a guy bungie jumps partially into a river where a croc (or alligator) almost snaps him, with the Ausssie commentator in the background? Feel it was a blatant rip off from the Tango ads? Yeah, well me too.

It's ridiculous that the marketing department (who are probably an experienced bunch) should know better than to rip off the Tango Ads and creating an "orignal" ad by chipping in an Australian accent. Wow, great idea! You idiots.

Another stupid ad is the Heinz Beans one - what's the matter, you've run out of ideas so you decide to re-run those from 50 years ago? Clever and cheap. In a way, it's just like the games and film industry today - no innovation. May as well program robots with a database of scenarios to do.
Tue 22/07/03 at 08:09
Regular
"\\"
How dare people say ads suck. It's the best bit about TV.
Tue 22/07/03 at 02:23
phi11ip wrote:
> Icarus wrote:
> where a croc (or alligator) almost snaps him
>
> Watch it again next time.
>
> The slogan, "Don't lose your head!" May give you an idea of
> what actually happens!

OK, I've seen it again; but come on, there's a good chance that the idea orignated from watching a Tango advert.
Tue 22/07/03 at 02:21
DW wrote:

> I REALLY hate the blooming eSure adverts. GRRR. I could kill that poxy
> woman! "HELLO MUM, I'M ON THE TELLY!" GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

All the insurance ones are poor, really poor.
Mon 21/07/03 at 23:19
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
cookie monster wrote:
> Yeah, i thought his head was actually bitten off.
>

Just as i feared... damn!! Thats put me off bungie jumping over rivers.

I love some adverts, sometimes they're better than the program

I hate the daytime music channel adverts for loans obviously directed at "Housewives" <-- disgustingly simple and cheesy

I hate using that word "housewife" sorry had no choice
Mon 21/07/03 at 19:03
Hedfix wrote:
> EL Robin © wrote:
> I hate adds, intrrupting my tv programms...
> Stupid adds...
> Stupid...
>
> *kicks tv in a voilent, yet sexuall manner...*
>
> That's when you turn to a music channel whilst the ads are on...

I sometimes do, but i cant normally be bothered because if a good song comes on, you listen to it and then you miss some of the programme that you are watching...

Stupid adverts...
Mon 21/07/03 at 18:34
Regular
I love the Fosters ads, but the WKD ones totally make me laugh. Totally. ;c)

The one with the brick wall in the lift, and the doughnut at the beach...and the one where he's trying to impress the laydees and comes back saying "I've got the moves" before falling in the hole. :cD

I REALLY hate the blooming eSure adverts. GRRR. I could kill that poxy woman! "HELLO MUM, I'M ON THE TELLY!" GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
Mon 21/07/03 at 18:07
Regular
"8==="
EL Robin © wrote:
> I hate adds, intrrupting my tv programms...
> Stupid adds...
> Stupid...
>
> *kicks tv in a voilent, yet sexuall manner...*

That's when you turn to a music channel whilst the ads are on...
Mon 21/07/03 at 17:33
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Yeah, that surprised me too!
Mon 21/07/03 at 17:24
"High polygon count"
I like the new Tango ad, where he misses the barrel of oranges. Wasn't expecting that, after having seen the original so often (where he's on target). Had me in stitches for ages.
Mon 21/07/03 at 16:28
I hate adds, intrrupting my tv programms...
Stupid adds...
Stupid...

*kicks tv in a voilent, yet sexuall manner...*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.